Followers

Friday, 22 July 2011

Creative Expressions DT Call

Good Morning


I am entering the Design Team Call for Creative Expression and this is one of the cards I have made.  I have used a soft peach coloured base card and pearlescent brown card for my first layer which I have cut out using my Grande Calibur and the fabulous Donna Salazar's Dies.  The next layer I have used water coloured card again using the DS dies.  I have then brayered using Distress inks in Stormy sky, Forest Moss and Tea Dye to produce the back ground.  Over the green brayered pieces I have then taken a stipple brush to give the green more definition.  Using the Create-a-Scene More Trees stamps I have stamped the pine trees in Pine Needles Distress Ink in different sizes and then using my watercolour brushes gave the trees more definition.  The leaf stems at the bottom right hand corner give the illusion of those spindly leaves you see sometimes at the edge of fields.   The car is from the Classic Car set of stamps which I have embossed in black Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder.  I have watercoloured the car using Fired Brick and Black Soot.  The windows and the head light have been clear embossed to give a domed effect.  The label at the top is one of the Spellbinder's labels to which I have attached the Rayon Vintage Ribbon after first going over it with Distress Ink Antique Linen and ruffled it across  The sentiment is from the Classic Cars stamp set which I have embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder in Black.  I loved making this card and I know my Dad will to as he is absolute mad about cars.


My next piece is an ATC for this I have used as a base the Foundations card dots and stripes. I have toned this down using Distress Ink Spun Sugar and around the edges Victorian Velvet.  I took the Butterfly Ballet masking template and used Artist Spackle over the template.  I then ripped the butterfly I wanted around leaving the torn edges and using Cosmic Shimmer mist in Silver I sprayed this over the butterfly.  Once this had dried I then dusted over using Cosmic Shimmer powder in Pink Mallow.  The flower was made using 2 small dies from one of the spellbinder's sets and used a pearl gem from my stash to add to the centre.  I have used gems for the antena on the butterfly.  For the label I have used a tag from my stash which I have stamped "Especially for You" from the Fuschia collection of Stamps using Perfect Medium and Cosmic Shimmer Silver Embossing Powder.

I hope you like my two very different designs

Thank you for stopping by and I would be grateful if you could leave a comment

Crafty Hugs
Linda xxxx

3 comments:

  1. They both look great Linda, although I must say I like the first one a bit better as it has my favorite car in it. I love how you've given it a bit of dimension by having the wheel come off the page just a touch. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are wonderful! Love that first one with the little car and trees. So very nice.
    Good luck!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Gorgeous work on the ATC! Such soft colors on both projects. Will keep fingers crossed for you on the DT call. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx