Followers

Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Dude Time Doodles August New Release & Blog Hop

Morning All, it is that time of the month for the Dude Time Doodles New Release Blog Hop,


I would like to introduce you to Merle Molar.  As you can see he is a dentist and I don't like the look of his tool.  He is beckoning you to his room for your next lot of treatment!  He looks like a very nice gentle old man but once he gets you in his chair he turns into a demon, loving to inflict pain and taking away your teeth if he can!

I have used a red base card and using one of my favourite Spellbinder dies scalloped ovals cut out Navy blue textured card and hilighted the edges using Dew Drop Brilliance Platinum Planet ink.  I then cut out an oval shape with Merle taking centre stage.  Using Tim Holtz Distress ink Fired Brick distressed the edges.  Using my watercolour pencils I have coloured Merle in and used a Silver Pen to highlight the curl on his tool and his glasses.  I have used Glossy Accents on his glasses which gives the illusion of glass.  For the x-ray of teeth I have printed these of the internet and printed them on acetate.  The film reel is a Spellbinder die I have distressed this lightly with Distress Ink Stormy Sky.  The molars in the bottom right hand corner are from the internet and seemed to be appropriate.  Using My Craft Studio Graphics programme I have typed his name and using one of my Spellbinder label dies cut this out.

I hope you enjoy your blog hopping of our new releases.  There is no start or finish point just enjoy the blog hop.  Now don't forget to leave us all a comment as one of us is the MYSTERY HOSTESS

You should have arrived here from Lynn and you now need to hop along to Chrissy and see what she has install for you. 
Come one, Come All to Dude Time Doodles
Scavenger Crawl on 24 August

Thank you for Hopping by

Crafty Hugs Linda xx

16 comments:

  1. What a GREAT card! Love Merle Molar (but sure don't like going to the dentist!).
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card- I love your faux X-rays and little Molars. Wonderful coloring. He does not look like he has a mean bone in his body..... I hate going to my wonderful dentist though...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I love those xrays! Fab Dentist card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, These cards are nice, funny and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, Merle is a little unnerving, I'll keep my mouth shut in his presence. Love what you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea to add x-rays with teeth! HA! Merle looks pretty good today! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really like the added teeth and xray embellies! Nice touch for a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, clever idea of getting the x-rays off the internet and printing them on acetate - I thought they were real. Love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card for Merle Molar, Linda. Love the way you made him pop against that red background. The little teeth and the dental x-rays are perfect embellishments! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a fab card love the x-rays..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the little teeth and xrays! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely great card, and I love all the extra's you put on!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super cute dentist!!!! Wonder if he has lots of money!!!!! You did a super job on this card Linda!!!!!! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to visit the dentist but looking at his tool I think i will give this dentist a miss. Lol Love the molars in the right hand corner. Cute.

    Thanks for sharing this fun, fab card

    hugs julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. FAB - love your embellies
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx