Followers

Friday, 12 August 2011

Birthday Card for a Special Friend

I have made this card for a very special friend's birthday.  We have been friends for quite a few years now and she just loves her fairies. 

The Rose Fairy I have stamped and coloured in using my Spectrum Noir pens.  This is my second project using these pens and I just love them.  I have masked the wings and sprayed with Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle Iridescent spary and then distressed around the edges with spun sugar.  I have made a border using Martha Stewart Ribbon border punch and threaded ribbon through and made a bow.  I have added rosebuds to the corner by first binding them together with ribbon and adding a bow.  I love using ribbons and flowers on my cards.  The swirl and gems are from my stash.  On the deeper pink I have attached a beautiful organza sheet which I bought from HobbyFun they have a real variety of these organza sheets in A4 size.

The verse I have printed off from the Flower Fairies CD and reads:
Thank you for your friendship true,
for being there and being you,
for your heart so good and kind,
a truer friend I could not find.
Happy Birthday


I am going to enter this card into the following challenges:

Crafters Companion - Glitz and Glamour
Divas by Designs - Birthday
Jellypark - Favourite Embellishments
Whimsy Stamps - Ribbons and Bows
Glitter Fairies Challenge Blog - Pretty in Pink
AiFactory Challenge & Freebie Blog - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by
Hugs Linda xx


13 comments:

  1. what a beautiful card made with such love! I am sure your friend is going to adore it! such a precious image, too.
    thank you so much for playing along in our fave embellie challenge at Jellypark Friends. hope to see you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful birthday card and sentiment - I'm sure your friend loved it! (You could also add it to the Anything Goes challenge going on this month at AiFactory.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card with a very sweet poem! I am sure who ever receives will be very touched with this beauty! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with us on our first Whimsy Inspirations challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card, I love that image and it looks lovely in pink, your friend will love her card.
    If you get a chance take a look at http://willowsketchiechallenge.blogspot.com/ You can use any image and there are some fab challenges.
    Pauline
    x
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card, your firned will love it. Thanks for playing at Crafter's Companion. (I have some candy ending tomorrow.) Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, I'm so glad you explain in detail everything that you added to this beautiful but really light card! I bet the spun sugar around the edge looks delightful in reality! Thanks you so much for joining us at Diva's by Design this week and I'm sure your friend will love it!
    Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tammy Louise
    You're invited to join on my blogversary candy if you collecct!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda Linda this is so lovely!!!! Love the image and the soft colors!!!!! What a beautiful job!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Linda love the colours and the gorgeous design.
    Thank you for joining in our first challenge over at Whimsy Inspiration.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very feminine and delicate! Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps first Inspiration Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card. the pink is so delicate.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card & I am sure your friend loves it. Thanks for joining us at Divas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, your card is wonderful, the image is great. Thanks for joining us at Whimsy Stamps first Inspiration Challenge.

    Hugs
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the fairy, Thanks for joining us at Glitter Fairies x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx