Followers

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Dude Time Doodles Inspiration Challenge

Hi Everyone

Over at Dude Time Doodles it is that time of the month for our Inspiration Challenge.  Below is a colour chart to inspire you and the theme is "make it sporty".

For my inspiration I have used Dale Isenhardt and his happy triumph at winning the Grand Prix :)


I have used a stepper card for my main card in a lovely pearlescent red.  The Flag I have used My Craft Studio graphics programme showing the finishing flag.  His medal with his name in the right hand corner and the racing card are from My Craft Studio Papercraft Library Men-y Happy Return CD.  The stepper have been decorated with paper from my stash and the trophy is a peel-off placed onto iridescent mirri card.

For the topper I have distressed using Dew Drop Versamark Chalk ink in Sky Blue and Jumbo Java.  Using my Sakura Glitter Pens, I have coloured the ticker tape, trophy and Champagne bottle.  I have highlighted the Champagne flow and droplets on the ground with my 3D clear gloss finish.  To colour Dale in I have used my trusty watercolour pencils.

I hope you have enjoyed your stop over and visit my Dudette colleagues on their own interpretations.

Happy Crafting

Linda xxx

6 comments:

  1. A "winner" of an image and a "winner" of a card! SO cute Linda. Love the stair step look of this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great side step card! Really like the papers you've chosen and your coloring is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, love the extra elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, Love the step card and you chose such perfect papers! Fabulous "man" card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of a stepper card, it puts me in mind of a podium!
    Great work as ever!
    Hugz
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful side step card! Love how you showcased Dale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx