Followers

Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Sketch Challenge at Dude Time Doodles

Hi everyone, it is the first Wednesday of the month and it is Sketch Challenge time at Dude Time Doodles.  Below is the sketch for this challenge.


For my sketch challenge I have decided to use Trixie Pixie.


This is my first Christmas card for this year.  For Trixie I have used an 8 x 8 pearlescent white base card.  I have used Silver Mirri card as the first layer and then the four strips are red card stock cut into equal sized strips and placed vertically.  The backing paper on the red card I have taken from My Craft Studio Paper Library Winter Whimsies.  There are some really gorgeous designs on this CD.
Trixie is on white card which I have cut out using my Spellbinders scalloped oval die.  I have used my watercolour pencils to colour her in and for her hat I have used my Woodware "Fluffy Stuff" to give it dimension.  I have used my chalks in pale green on the white of the card and embossed in Red around the edges.  The snowflakes are from my crafty stash.  I have printed the greeting off using My Craft Studio CD.

It is now over to you to show us what you can create using the sketch.  Good luck and I hope you enjoy the challenge.  Don't forget to leave a comment and visit the other Dudettes to see what they have done.

Thank you for Stopping by

Crafty Hugs Linda xxxx

15 comments:

  1. GREAT card for the holidays Linda! Really like that background holly paper too. So cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so absolutely adorable, Linda! i love Trixie Pixie and the "fluffy stuff" that gives it great dimension! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway! All of your work is so awesome! I'm a new follower and look forward to your future creations :)

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are off to a good start with the fun Christmas-time card! Great background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One can never have too much Christmas inspiration and your card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo, Love Trixie! Great idea for the background papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that paper and the way you created the background. Wonderful start for your Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card makes me want to get ready for the holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh la la! You're one Christmas card ahead of me! Love your papers and fluffy stuff - great job!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...i need to make some christmas cards, love the image and the paper!...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like getting a head start on the holiday season! Thanks for the reminder to start early. Trixie is one HOT little elf.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You said the C word..lol... must be that time of the year to get a start on the dreaded xmas cards..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Linda! Trixie Pixie is HOT!
    Hugz
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent start for christmas cards!!!! And this one is one hot mama!!!!! Fantastic Linda great work!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda, well I found your blog and have done my own. I also sent you an email...hope you got it Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that pixie :) really good start to Christmas card makes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx