Followers

Tuesday, 9 August 2011

Stamps R Us Challenge Blog

Through visiting a couple of my colleagues blogs I came across Stamps R Us Challenge Blog.  This challenge this month is "Encore Presentations" and here is how it works. You re post one of your favorite cards using any stamp or digital image you please, write up a  little about your card and enter into their challenge.    There must be no back linking. The winner of their "Encore Presentation" challenge will be asked to be a guest designer for a future challenge!

So for my entry I have decided to enter this card which was my 6th posting since starting my blog on 5th May 2011. 


I took a white 8 x 8 Pearlescent card and using this lovely die from Go Kraft I cut out using my Grand Calibur onto pink mirri card.  I then cut out the circle in pink pearlescent card.  The sweet peas are from Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion range of stamps.  I took a circular piece of mount board and gave it a shabby chic look by painting purple paint as a first layer, then coated this over with PVA glue and once this was dry painted over with magnolia matt emulsion which gave it the crackle.  I stamped the leaves and sweet peas and using Acrylic paints I then painted them.  Using Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Iridenscent I sprayed to give it some added sparkle.  To finish the card off I used some gems and a butterfly from my stash along with a couple of greetings. 


Thank you for stopping by please leave a comment as I do so enjoy your thoughts

Happy Crafting

Linda xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful Linda!! I love that image and your fabulous die cut! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamps R Us!
    Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Linda! Great coloring and I love that die cut shape. It's perfect behind the image and really make the image pop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx