Followers

Monday, 1 August 2011

Vintage Heartfelt Designs Vintage Beach Theme Blog Hop

Hi All

Today over at Vintage Heartfelt Designs it is the start of our Vintage Beach Theme Blog Hop.  Below is my interpretation of this.


These two victorian ladies are just arriving at the bathing huts to change to enjoy the sun, sea and the beach. 

I have made this cards using a Hunkydory backing sheet which I scanned into my computer then using my My Craft Studio Graphic's programme added the ladies and printed out then distressed around the page using Antique Linen.  I have decoupaged the ladies and the shells which I have distressed them using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Antique Linen just to make them look more weathered.  The sandy part of the beach I have used Flowersoft fine in Sand and the sea I have used 3D Clear Gloss finish just to give the sea some dimension.  To finish of the card I have taken a little label and written "Life is a Beach" firstly distressing with the above ink and using my Sakura pen to write the sentiment.  I then stamped some birds in the background and using some card candy in Ivory from my stash to decorate.

I hope you have enjoyed my little soiree into vintage beach and visit Vintage Heartfelt Designs as Dee is offering a bag of blog candy.  Visit all the Design Teams Blogs and leave a comment and become a follower of each DT's blog to be in with the chance of winning this fab prize.

Thank you for stopping by

Crafty Hugs

Linda xxx

9 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! A lovely card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab use of the backing paper -those beach huts are very Victorian aren't they - where people had to change into their stripey bathing suits - and that was the men LOL.

    Great card Linda.

    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so pretty Linda! I just love it!

    XO ~ Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love the vintage image you used on the card.TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda this is a lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is both elegant and graceful, Linda! Delightfully vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda love your card. The vintage ladies are great. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. such an elegant card, I love it, very nice job

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word Linda this is gorgeous!!!! I am a big fan of vintage and this I would certainly frame and out on the wall!!!! What an excellent job you did on this!!!! I love it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx