Followers

Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Dude Time Doodles Sketch Challenge

Good Morning All,

Over at Dude Time Doodles it is that time of the month for our first challenge which is the Sketch Challenge.


Following the above sketch which you can flip, twist and work with for one week and then submit.  You do not have to use Bonileaux Designs but it would give the Dudettes a thrill to see your interpretations.  It must be a masculine card too.

Below is my interpretation of the sketch.



I have used Under Carriage Craig and made a twisted easel card.  The backing paper on the inside of the card was taken from Crafter's Companion Mens Occupations CD and the sentiment inside reads "Happy Birthday to a Car Fanatic",  there are quite a few men in my family who love their cars so it seemed appropriate.

I have used black card stock I have layered a sheet of tyres taken from the above CD.  Using My Craft Studio graphics programme I have made a backing sheet using the works "Grease Monkey,Garage Guru, Mechanics do it with Lube and If it ain't broke, take it apart and fix it anyway.  I have distressed this using Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy.  The top has been cut out using my Grand Calibur and Spellbinder Square Die.  I have distressed the edges with the above distress ink and colour the image using my watercolour pencils.  In the top right hand corner I have used a couple of brads in the shape of screws and the spanner is from my crafty stash.


Thank you for stopping by today.

Don't forget to check out Dude Time Doodles to see what the other Dudettes and done with this sketch.

Linda xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Linda, this is so cute. Love the background paper with the tires on it and the lug wrench (is that what it's called?) in the corner is perfect.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card and the DP and embellishments are perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Linda! Love the dp and the little wrench as an embellishment. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little wrench is too cute! Goes great with this fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very twisted, easel that is! Great papers and love the wrench! FAB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch challenge. Love that image and the papers you've chosen. Like how you've used the wrench to create the triangle in the upper right!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx