Followers

Saturday, 1 October 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Blog Hop over at Vintage Heartfelt Designs

Hi Everyone

Today over at Vintage Hearfelt Designs we are having a blog hop for Breast Cancer Awareness. If you have hopped here from Pam then you are on the right track.

I am sure that there are many families out there all over the world who have been touched in one way or another with this dreadful disease.  I myself have had a scare which fortunately for me was benign but the fear I had was something I can't even begin to describe.  I have lost an aunt and a couple of friends to this and it is just so very sad.
For my hop I have made this wall hanging which I will be putting up in my craft room as a reminder of all those who are fighting this disease, the survivors and those that have been taken from us.


I have used My Craft Studio graphics programme to make a ribbon background and cut out the shape using one of my Spellbinder dies and then inked around the edges in pale pink.  I then took a piece of the darker pink and again using my dies cut out the base of the topper.  The topper itself I first typed this sentiment " Supporting the Fighters, Admiring the Survivors, Honouring the Taken and NEVER EVER giving up HOPE" and then cut out and placed on the base layer.  The pink "Breast Cancer Awareness" badge is my own which I have added and then I decoupaged a couple of pink roses from my stash and glittered.


When I saw this image of the Breast Cancer Girl over at Dude Time Doodles I just new she would be ideal for this blog hop.  I have coloured her in using a variety of different mediums, watercolour pencils and sakura glitter pens.  The sentiment is also part of the set which is oh so true.  The pin badge is one of my own and the flower and gem are from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by today and if you are one who is a survivor or a fighter or even someone who has lost someone to this disease I send you my heartfelt wishes. 

Now to continue on the hop you need to visit my good friend Linda

Linda xxxx

19 comments:

  1. What a fun card you've made for a difficult subject. We all just need to FIGHT LIKE GIRLS against this dread disease. Thank you for sharing your project -- you're a dear, as usual!

    Fondly,
    Ellen ♥ CardMonkey
    http://cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
    E-mail: cardmonkey@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring, thanks for sharing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects, love them both. Thanks for sharing. pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the wall hanging is a great idea and its just gorgeous. Love what it says. We have lost too many to this obnoxious disease and I really appreciate your taking part in this hop t spread awareness. That is a cool digi stamp too. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Linda absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Sorry I couldn't join you but working overtime and so little time left. But I will for the christmas banner one.!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome projects. I especially love the wall hanging. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card & wall hanging! New Follower!
    www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
    craftycardgallery at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them!
    New follower!

    www.brittneyscricutcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I just love both of your projects! Welldone! **new follower**

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Linda, I love both projects!! You did a great job. TFS, Karen♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the doorhanger for your craft room. i am a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda I love your cards. Thank you so much for sharing with us and participating in this wonderful event for so many that have either had, have or has a person in their life with cancer of any kind. I am a follower and thank you for sharing with us and have a great weekend. Hugs, Dee:)

    http://vintageheartfeltdesigns.blogspot.com
    vintageheartfeltdesigns@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your projects!
    Beautiful!
    Rachelle
    joyfulhrt at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the wall hanging it is such a great tribute to everyone who has dealt with breast cancer in one way or another!
    I am a new follower
    Have a scrap-happy day
    Lisa G
    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your super hero! She's a great symbol of toughness against this nasty disease. Jearise in Lorby's World.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Honey,
    Great job with your creations! I really love the hanging one. It's gorgeous! I just HAVE to get me some Spellbinders dies! Everyone's been using them lately and I'm starting to get a little jealous! LOL Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so glad that it turned out ok for you. Thank you for stopping by my blog and helping me out a bit too! I appreciate it. :0)

    Be sure to stop by my blog to enter my 500 followers giveaway and stop by my blog for current hops I'm in and a chance to win even more blog candy!


    Hugs,
    Amy Jo (follower)

    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    Coordinator: http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com
    DT Member: http://ajillianvancedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. CUTE creations, I think the door hanger is so pretty and the card would cheer anyone up.
    TFS
    Theresa
    tmdettloff@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this door plaque! So much effort and thought gone into it.

    Well done on being part of such a worthy cause.

    I'm a new follower.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda what fabby projects - that digi is so cool i think i NEED it. its great to be in this hop with you

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx