Followers

Saturday, 15 October 2011

Hollywood Stars Blog Hop - Its Showtime

Hi All

Today is the Hollywood Stars blog hop hosted by Creations by Gill M and if you have arrived from Brynn then you are going in the right direction.

For this fabulous hop I have used "Ole Blue Eyes" himself Frank Sinatra.


I have taken an 8 x 8 pearlescent card and scored half way on the front of the card to create an Easel Card.  All the papers, card, topper, greeting are from Kanban music set which I have had for a while but couldn't decide on how to use it.  We crafters never throw anything away and I think this works perfectly for the Hollywood Stars Theme.

For my next creation I have used "The Duke" John Wayne.  I love to watch his films, he was a darn good actor in whatever movie he starred in.


I have used Legends of Hollywood CD by Kraftyhands the backing paper is the clapper board and projector which I printed off in black and white.  I distressed the edges using Tim Holtz Distress Inks Stormy sky.  Using Pale Blue mirri card I matt and layered the pyramage onto this.  I didn't add any other embellishments because I wanted John to be the main focal point.

For my next card I have used my favourite Elvis Presley.  When I was in my teens I just adored this man.  It was such a shame that he died, I was devastated, I remember when the news came on the TV that he had died I cried buckets.  I would have dearly loved to have seen him live.


For this card I have used the musical backing paper from MCS Papercraft Library Men-y Happy Returns.  I have used Crafter's Companion Iridescent glitter spray.  Using black card as the base I have then layered my pyramage onto this.  This icon is on the Legends of Hollywood by Kraftyhands.

Now to follow on your journey to Nikki to see who she has for you.  I hope you are enjoying the hop as there are some truly amazing ideas and stars on show today.

Thank you for stopping by today

Happy Crafting
Linda xxx

14 comments:

  1. Wow LINDA Absolutely stunning cards!!!! Wow never saw anything like this before!!!! Wow amazing work my friend!!!!
    Spectacular!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda!

    What amazing cards you've made! They're great! Frankie boy looks so handsome!

    My friend would love the Elvis one, she's in love with him......still!

    Well done!

    I'm a follower!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic creations!! I especially love the top LO with Frank Sinatra! That picture is so striking on the blue paper!! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Ole Blue Eye's! The card you made using his image is very pretty. He was such a good Looking man. As for The Duke, my darlin' husband still watches his films. I love the card you made with his image. Now, Elvis Presley, my wonderful kids whom are 17 and 19 know who Elvis Presley is but had no idea who Michael Jackson was LOL You certainly did him justice with the card you made!!
    I am definitely a new follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE all of your cards.This hop is great-------This is what Hollywood is really all about.Fantastic work on every card.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic cards hun..love em all!!
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cool cards!!! great work!!!
    Eva :0)
    evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome projects...TFS!!!


    Cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the cards Linda - i have the music and dance kit that old blue eyes came from its such a brill kit. John wayne looks good in pyramage style but my fav has to be elvis - the style and colours are amazing.
    Just one question - where is Audrey ????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome layout! Love how you've designed Elvis!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What absolutely GORGEOUS cards!!! TFS!

    ~Ashley
    proudusmcwife415.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all so cool! It's hard to pick which one I like the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of your cards a great but you outdid your self with the Elvis card--Love it!!
    KathyV
    Katsews at Gmail dotcom

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have picked some great legends to honor! You did an awesome job :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx