Followers

Thursday, 20 October 2011

My finished projects from workshop with Sheena Douglass

As promised earlier in the week my posting today is about what I have finished following my workshop with Sheena Douglass last Sunday at Port Sunlight.  I hope you like my creations and would appreciate any comments as I just love to read all your thoughts on my work.

The first project was to paint fusion Ivy onto a candle.


The second project was to make a wall hanging using cicular mount board using the fir tree and fir cones.


The third project was to do a topper for a Christmas card using the Christmas Tree stamp.  Firstly we distressed the card with Chipped Sappire distress ink to create a dark sky, flicked water onto this and using a paper towel blotted the water off this produced a snow effect.  The tree was stamped and the smaller trees were stamped either side.  Using acrylic paints we then painted the end of the card to create a snowy base and then paint fusioned the tree.  The moon is a circle in white which has been distressed on one side to create a crescent moon. I added a gold star to the top of the tree.  To finish my card off I highlighted the edges of the topper with Cosmic Shimmer Twinkles and then mat and layered onto a large 8 x 8 square card adding ribbon and a sentiment.


The final project was the poinsettia, Sheena had made a Christmas Tree decoration, I have placed mine onto an A5 card matting and layering with black and white pearlescent card.  I have attached red ribbon to the back of the poinsettia and attached it to the card.  In the centre I have added silicone glue and sprinkled gold glitter, yellow and green seed beads.  The poinsettia has been sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle in gold.  I have added a sentiment and punched out snowflakes from my stash.


I hope you like my completed projects as much as I have enjoyed putting them together.

Thank you for stopping by today

Hugs
Linda xxx




5 comments:

  1. WOW! All of these re gorgeous. Love the tree and moon and the last card the best. So very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just fab Linda. You must have had a great time. I love the effect on the moon. Superb :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Wow!! Love the strong vibrant colors are the two cards. The candle really turned out well as did the wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your finished projects look great!

    I love your finished tree card and the poinsettia card is gorgeous too, love that you've done something different to a tree hanging with it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I am trying to catch up here!!!! These projects are simply gorgeous!!!!! Linda love your creations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx