Followers

Friday, 21 October 2011

My First Attempt into the World of Scrapbooking

Good Morning All

Today I am showing you my first foray into the world of scrapbooking.  My friend over at Scrappin' Creations by Gill M has started a group which there are 10 of us and we pick a theme and link to her blog out attempts.  There are newbies like myself and others who have been scrapbooking a while.

I plan to do the first 5 years of a page for each and then a page for every 5 years.  I became a grandmother for the first time on the 1st January this year to a beautiful little girl named Alice and I wanted to do this for her so that when she is older we can sit together and I can take her through the book. 

I will see how I progress with this my first attempt and then start one for Alice which I would love to give her on her 21st Birthday.

The first photograph is the Album itself.


Below is the front of the album which I have covered using  My Craft Studio Papercraft Library Volume 2 Paper Word textured background and using text written the title of my scrapbook which is "A journey through my life".  I have added the map of Malta as this was where it all began in 1960.


Finally onto my first page.  I have used backing paper from My Craft Studio My Stencil Studio CD 2 background for the mat for my little introduction from my parents on the birth of their daughter and to frame the photograph of myself at 3 weeks old.  The alphabet was taken from Artist Collection Volume 1 Smudge Alphabets 1.  I have cut them out and placed them at the top of the page.  The teddy, nappy pins and stars are from my crafty stash.



I would really appreciate any comments, hints or tips on my first foray into the world of scrapbooking.

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

7 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful page linda, well done on venturing into scrapbooking :) looking forward to seeing all your other creations xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda this is amazing - well done you on your first SB layout - im clapping my hands! and of course its PINK !! yeah big bonus
    your title and intro for your book is such a great idea and im really intrigued to see how the rest of your pages turn out. Good luck but looks like you dont need it as your a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, I am loving your scrapbook and your first efforts are superb. What a fabulous idea to use your life's journey as the subject. Can't wait to see more...well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Looks like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Linda looks stunning!!!! You are off and running now!!!!! Can't wait to see all your new projects!!!!! Gorgeous work again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is a lovely page Linda! Love the finishing touches..that teddy is soo cute!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda
    Great idea and your start with a beautiful layout. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx