Followers

Monday, 31 October 2011

Playing with My Stamps

Afternoon to All My Blogland Friends

I hope you all have a lovely Halloween.

Well this week I have decided to do some crafting for me!!!!  I have spent the last month doing work for DT commitments and samples for some British Companies so this week I have decided to play with my stamps.

This is what I have created this morning and couldn't wait to share it with you all!


For my base card I have taken 2 A4 black pieces of card and cut it down to 23 cms.  At 5 cms I have scored both pieces and joined together but I added my ribbon before joining them using double sided tape, I then added the knots and the buttons.  The base layer which is white pearlescent card is cut out using Spellbinder Die Labels 23, this is a fairly new die and I love it and use it nearly all the time!  I have used WOW embossing glitters in Silver Bells around the edge of the card.

I then took a piece of parchment and drew around a smaller die using my embossing tool to give an embossed edge.  I have stamped using Versamark and WOW powder's in Black Glint and then heated this dry.  The sentiment I stamped using white VersaColour ink pad and embossed the wording.  I turned my parchment over and using my chalks I have chalked in blues, greens and a combination of peach and sand.  I have embossed certain area of this stamp using my embossing tool.  The stamps are from Sheena Douglass' A little bit Sketchy Range called Milestones and Moments and this is one of my favourites!!!!!  Around the edge of the embossed area I have taken a 2 pin parchment tool and pricked all around the shape then using my scissors cut this out to give a fluted edge.  You can't see it very well on the white pearlescent background card but it looks beautiful.  I then layered this onto the white card using brads from my stash and mounted this onto the black card.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Bows & Berries - Clean & Simple
Bling it On - No backing Papers
Simon Says Stamp - House
Whimsy Inspiration - Buttons
Digi Doodle Shop is Best - Anything Goes
Inspire me Friday's - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by today!

Hugs
Linda xxx

14 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love how you used the parchment paper and the black really makes the image pop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Linda - I love the effect of the parchment and chalk... have used neither yet... may just need to play! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, so thats why you've been so quiet today, lol

    Love it, may have to treat myself to that set of stamps, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card you made with the pretty stamp. Glad you had "u" time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful card, Really like that image and the frame around it, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best challenges this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this is one of my fav Sheena stamps too - see we are SO alike ! I love what you have done with it and i especially like the technique of colouring with chalks onto parchment. I love to chalk but havent tried it on PM yet. You have done such a great job as your colouring is very delicate - well done. This is a comment from me and also on behalf of the Bows&Berries DT for the clean and simple challenge - thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty coloring!! I love what you did with the ribbon and the die cut background too!

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
    *Like us on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally gorgeous. Thank you for sharing with us at DDSC this time and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super card, that scene is beautiful, so are the colours and design, love it, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodles this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that combination of colours. those tied ribon nods and buttons make this card pop. I love the way you've coloured to match the edges of the diecut as well. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such WONDERFUL and CREATIVE details to your card!!! Just LOVE IT!!

    THANKS BUNCHES for joining the teamies with this weeks challenge "A HOUSE" and Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card it's so pretty love Scenery stamp too & the layout. Thank you for joining in at B&B. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for playing in Bows and Berries CAS Challenge!!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx