Followers

Monday, 3 October 2011

World Card Making Blog Hop 2 - 6 October 2011

Hello Crafters and welcome to The World Cardmaking Day blog hop on this the 3rd October.

This is a 5 day blog hop with 10 different participants each day except for our lovely Hostess Gill

As it is World Cardmaking Day the participants of the hop are donating card to Gill for charity.  In the line up each day there will be a UK crafting celebrity taking part among us mere mortal crafters!!!!

Right - now on with the hop - if you have arrived here from Dee and want to hop along then your are definitely on the right track.  I hope you enjoy what you see, not only from me but from my blogging friends/participants.  Remember to leave me a comment as there will be some BIG blog candy from Gill and from the sponsors of the hop, for what Gill thinks is the most interesting comment and she will announce the winner 2 days after the hop closes.

Today being the second day and I have made 2 cards for you to see along with the recipe of how each was made.



As a few of my blogging friends know I am a MASSIVE fan of Sheena Douglass and of course her introduction of Paint Fusion this year has gone down a storm.  So without further ado here is the recipe for the above card.

A6 white deckle edge card which I have distressed the front with Dew Drop Brilliance pigment ink in Pearlescent Lavender.
The birds are from Sheena's "Alittle bit Sketchy Range" which I have stamped using Memento London Fog
The first layer is pink mirri card die cut using one of my Spellbinder Dies
The top layer I have used canvas and brayered using Big & Juice soothing sunset, then I have stamped the lavender bush from Sheena's Paint Fusion Range Simply Sweet set and using Pebeo acrylic paints painted the lavender bush.
For the final touch I have distressed the edges using the Pearlescent lavender.

Now on to my 2nd offering


I have used a white square base card and attached lemon ribbon down the left hand side and place 3 buttons along this.

I have used pearlescent pale green for the first layer and cut this out using Spellbinder dies Grand Labels 23.

I have distressed a piece of mount board by firstly putting a light layer of PVA glue and then once this is dry painted over this using cream matt emulsion.  Using my heat gun I have dried the paint which then gives it this lovely distressed look.  Using Pebeo paints and have stippled a random triangle in the left bottom corner and then stamped my diasies.  Using dark green I have painted the petals and then painted over them in white which gives them dimension.  I have stippled the centres using yellow and then using a mixture of brown and yellow stippled half of the centre.  I have then added some green fronds.

Once this was dry I then sprayed it using Crafter's Companion Iridescent Spray and Sparkle.

Well I hope you like what I have come up with.  Now your next stop is Amber where you will find some more fabulous creations.

Now don't forget to come back for day 2 of this 5 day hop where there will be 9 other participants creations to see starting with the Hostess Gill

Now don't forget to leave a comment for a chance to win some blog candy as Gill will be checking all the comments

Thank you for hopping by
Hugs
Linda xxxxx

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! Everytime I see the Spellbinders dies used I'm more and more impressed with them...I've GOT to get myself some :) Thanks for enhancing that :) I'm thrilled to be participating in this hop with you. Can you explain to me the painting technique you are a fan of? I'm not familiar with it...Is it popular in the UK? I'm in the US. Thanks
    http://craftychelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda absolutely beautiful painting!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. very pretty cards. I love the deckle edge on the first one too.
    Eva :0)
    evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
    http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com
    I have a giveaway on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda WOW what fabby cards you have on show for the hop. I totally admire your creativity with Sheena's fusion - as being on her DT i just cant do it myself! My fav is - well both of them !! Those dies are amazing too - i dont have those ones so guess ill have to add them to my list. Now any chance you can create those daisies in my kinda pink ??? Many thanks for taking part in the hop and supporting me with this project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, beautiful painting. I especially love the daises. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card. TFS, Dee:)

    http://deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com
    designsfrommyheart@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are great! The card with the daisies is amazing!! I am not familiar with this painting technique, but it is obviously something special! Thank you for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really liking these Linda. Love the fusion painted card. Keep going back to it and trying to copy the idea. Beautiful. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards! I especially like the second one, the daisies are gorgeous.

    Glad to have hop.

    Luanne
    myfootahead@gmail.com
    http://www.craftersreference.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Linda, wow! Amazing cards! Sheena would be very impressed, as am I!! The distressing on the card blank is fantastic!

    Well done!

    I'm a new follower.

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow nice cards, I like the shape of the second one a lot. Thanks so much for sharing you beautiful work. Happy new follower here.

    God Bless
    Heather Pullen
    blessed2cre8.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness Linda! I think you have outdone yourself if that is possible :) These are stunning! Even with the "instructions" I am just sitting here with my mouth open wondering how you did this! Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wowzers the first card actually looks like it is sitting on a wooden frame, it it stunning!!

    http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda your cards are just wonderful! they are so elegant TFs

    Have a scrap-happy day
    Lisa G
    http://lisa-scrappingspot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty cards~especially the daisy 1! New follower via GFC! Thanx~prhmangel at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both your cards are beautiful!! TFS! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the cards you have made Linda, I am a big fan of Sheena, but not always able to do all the fusion, but am still trying. You seem to have mastered it. Debbie T:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Linda, these are gorgeous - well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! such beautiful (no really!) creaytions! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely cards!

    Team Craftwell

    ecraftbycraftwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx