Followers

Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Another Christmas Card

Good Evening

Today I have been busy making Christmas presents for the family, I have half of them done and need to get the other half prepared and finish off.

Tonight I decided to have a break and make a couple of Christmas Cards!  This is just one of them that I have completed.  I have used the sketch below from The Crafty Bloggers Network weekly challenge.



My base card is white square measuring 16 x 16 cm, I have matted and layered Silver Mirri card onto the base.  I took some white cardstock and embossed using my Cuttlebug snowflake folder and cut them down to 8 x 8 cm squares which I then distressed using Dew Drops Brilliance Sky Blue ink.  I matted these onto the silver.  Using my Martha Stewart snowflake dies I cut out a snowflake border and some small snowflakes.  The border I placed along the middle of the card and the small snowflakes I placed on the four corners adding a pearl to each snowflake.  From my crafty stash I took 2 swirls and distressed using Dew Drops Brilliance ink Starlite Silver.  I placed these over the right side of the card and using some white lace made a bow and added some hat pins which I coloured using my spectrum Noirs Brilliant Blue.  The Sentiment and reindeer are from Hunkydory.


Thank you for stopping by today.
Hugs
Linda xxx

19 comments:

  1. So pretty, Linda! LOVE those beautiful reindeer on this gorgeous card! Since blue is my favorite color, you KNOW I love all the blue! Very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card

    Thank you for joining in the fun at CYDA this time

    hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is gorgeous I love the CAS design its very elegant,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz Snowflakes Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

    Have a lovely day,
    Good Luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, love the soft colors and beautiful reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow a stunning card, love the lace ribbon. Thanks for joining us at the CBN challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the fab colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Love the silver and the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the lace bow
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for entering your lovely card into the CBN challenge...good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card! Love the embossing. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card,love the embossed background. The bow and pins are lovely. Thanks for joining in at the CBN this week love NJ XX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there. What a beautiful and very delicate card. Gorgeous design and lovely colours. Thank you very much for joining us at The Glitter Fairies and good luck. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. fab card thanks for joining Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card hun, thanks for entering the CBN challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo hoo! Well done you winning the CBN challenge!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Love the colors. Bet its so beautiful in person too. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on winning with this beautiful card Linda! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx