Followers

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Autumn/Fall card

Here is my second posting for today!  I love Autumn/Fall because of the various colours nature brings to us with the changes in the leaves and long walks on cold frosty mornings, hearing the leaves crunch under your feet.  Then afterwards coming home to a nice cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows.  Yummy!


The card base is made up of 2 pearlised card in copper which I have cut down to 24 x 21 cm.  I scored at 5 cm and before joining together added some glitter ribbon.  The first layer is some linen card is pale orange and the top layer I have stamped some autumn leaves with versamark and used WOWembossing powders in Burgandy Red and Copper.  I then distressed the whole of the page with Tim Holtz vintage photo.  Using one of my new Spellbinder dies Fleur De Lis squares I have cut out on white card and stamped the verse "Autumn is a Second Spring when Every Leaf is a Flower" using versamark and then used Burgandy Red WOW embosing powders.  I have distressed the edges using Tim Holtz Wild Honey.  The corner embellishments consist of 2 bronze leaves from my stash.  The other leaves I have stamped onto parchment and embossed using WOW embossing powder in Bark embossed.  I brayered the back of the parchment using Big and Juicy inkpad Spice.  On the back of the leaves once I had cut them out I using an embossing tool embossed the veins.  I attached them using Pinflair glue gel and added a piece of bark on top.  The stamps I have used for this project are Sheena Douglass' A Little Bit Sketchy range Autumn Leaves


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

8 comments:

  1. Wow Linda this is such a classy card!!!!! The colors are gorgeous and you did a wonderful job on it as always!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, delightful fall card, Linda! Elegant and simple. Love the stamped paper. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Throwdown this week and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, love its colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! Love all the wonderful colors of fall. Beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us at CraftyCatz this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely card, Linda. thanks for your message, and well done for putting the phone down on the scammers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely evokes the season! - Lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card.

    You might wanna stop by my blog ;0)

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx