Followers

Tuesday, 29 November 2011

B is for ......................

Afternoon from a very wet and windy Warrington here in the UK.  I do so hate the rain but I am so glad I am in my craft room playing with all my lovely crafty goodies.  Well by the end of this week I will have finally finished everything I have needed to do for family and friends Christmas presents and cards.  Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.  I have enjoyed being in the Christmas mode but I think after this I will definitely be playing with other crafting goodies and leave Christmas for another year!

Today's offering is something different from a card and I hope you like what I have created!


I have taken a paper mache box in the shape of a butterfly and painted it in black metallic acrylic paint.  On the top of the box I have double embossed with thick embossing powder from Cosmic Shimmer.  In the left hand corner I have embossed a couple of swirls and embossed these using WOW embossing powders in red.  The sentiment is stamped onto some burgandy pearlescent card and embossed using Cosmic Shimmer Black embossing powder.  I do so love this sentiment which is from Creative Expressions Heartfelt Sentiments rubber stamps.  The butterflies which are Spellbinder dies were cut out in black glitter card and then white vellum.  To highlight the embossed features of the butterflies I have distressed using Dew Drops Brilliance Rocket Red.  I have added 2 hat pins for the antenna on the bottom right hand side butterfly.  The body of the butterflies I have added pearl gems and the feathers and flowers are from my stash.

This is another photograph showing the sides of the box  I have embossed all around the lid of the box with holographic embossing powder.  The base of the box has been stamped with butterflies and swirls and heat embossed in the same embossing powder.


This is a close up of the orchid, flowers and feather and you can see the swirl on the base of the lid.


Thank you for stopping by today.
Hugs
Linda xxx

18 comments:

  1. Great project! Love the butterflies, orchid and feather. VERY PRETTY!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Fab details and finishing touches xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a clever idea, Linda! You are a busy lady with all your competition entries - well done! Good luck with this project too!
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its fabulous, you have reminded me I have some shaped boxes somewhere.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, Your butterfly box is beautiful, gorgeous colours and I love the flower and feather..great detail.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda, you did a fab job! Lucky Friend!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And a fabulous bit of embossing too.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project! Thank you for entering the CBN challenge...good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous project and the embossing is fantastic, the feather is a gorgeous touch and matches so perfectly with the flower.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. You did great.

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab creation, love the butterflies
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow hun what a beautiful box, well done. Thanks for joining in the CBN challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful altered art! Love butterflies and your color choices so much. :)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Make It Monday!
    Remember, for a chance to win the prize from our sponsor, leave a comment for another entry and mention that you saw them on Make It Monday.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow linda so very very creative!!!!! Wow fabulous job on this again!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful embossing & a lovey finished box. Thanx for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Linda , this is beautiful! Great for the Crafty bloggers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wowwee that is a stunning box, I love boxes and yours is stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and we hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx