Followers

Monday, 21 November 2011

Christmas for a Special Friend

My post this morning is a card I have made for a very special friend of mine.  She has always been there for me as I have been for her.  We have laughed and cried together and helped each other through lifes ups and downs.

The base card is red pearlescent which I have layered onto this a sheet of green and grey card, this has ivy going through the design.  I stamped my Lily of the Valley stamp onto white base card which I have coloured in using watercolour pencils and Sakura glitter pens.  I have highlighted the fur on her coat and the top of her boots with Cosmic Shimmer Cosmic Twinkles.  The ground I have added Glossy Accents.  I used Dew Drops Brilliance Rocket Red around the edges of the card after I had cut this out using one of my Spellbinder Dies.  Underneath the ribbon is a smaller die cut card which I embossed with my cuttlebug snowflake folder embossed using Holographic embossing powder and placed this at an angle.  I punched 2 holes into the image topper and threaded gold ribbon through and attached the the green card.  The ribbon has holly running through this with gold edging and is wired.  I cut out a scalloped circle and stamped the sentiment.  The sentiment under the image is embossed with the sentiment Let it Snow which I have distressed over using Dew Drop Brilliance Galaxy Gold.




Thank you for stopping by today.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

19 comments:

  1. This is really stunning Linda,your friend will love it.Thanks for sharing it with us at PanPastel UK.

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and special, perfect for a special friend. Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Digi Doodles Shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love that bow. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful Christmas card for your friend. She'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Linda, as always, this is a super card which I'm sure your special friend will adore.
    It is crisp and bright and very lovely. Well done and good luck with your entries to the challenges! Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one gorgeous card Linda, perfect for our Christmas card for Someone Special theme this week.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Linda! I'm sure your friend will be delighted with it!
    Thanks for playing along at The Crafty Pad this week in our Festive Cheer Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure your friend will love this special friend you've made for her. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Linda just adore your card, really love the big bow too. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad this week. :)
    Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, what a pretty card, I'm sure your friend will love it!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello linda
    your card is beautiful thank you for joining us at the panpastel uk
    lindyloo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh great choice of Christmas greens, thank you so much for joining us at the Emerald Faerie Garden
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have new candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab colouring and layout. Thank you for joining us at DDSC this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful Linda I love the design and that gorgeous bow and image a superb card thank you for sharing it with us at DDSC this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. very cute, Love that big bow! thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's best this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi linda, i saw this the other day its fab. louise xx how could you have forgotten??

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute Christmas card, I love crimbo cards. Thank you for joining our Panpastel challenge. X Fab

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your special friend will surely LOVE this beautiful card you made for her. Simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  19. great card - I love this colors - thanks so much for playing with lollipopcrafts - hugs Joanna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx