Followers

Saturday, 26 November 2011

Creations by Gill M Challenge - Recycle

Hi All

Today over at Creations by Gill M it is time for our second challenge this month.  Gill asked her design team to use any items and recycle into something useful.

Below is a couple of photographs of my before project.



I have used an empty box of choclates and some matt emulsion and used some shredded paper for the inisde of the box one it has been decorated.  I have glittered the paper using Crafter's Companions Spray and Sparkle Gold.


I have painted the outside of the box first with red matt emulsion then once this was dry painted over it with PVA glue,  I dried this and then painted a top coat of cream matt emulsion.  I used my heat gun to dry the paint which gives it this lovely crackled effect.  Using my daisy stamps from Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion range I have first stamped the leaves and the flowers then painted them using Pebeo acrylic paints.  I have added fronds of greenery and some lavender too.  Once this was dry I distressed using Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Spun Sugar and then using Crafter's Companion Spray and Shine sprayed the lid.  I have added the ribbon from my stash around the sides of the box and fastened a beautiful bow.


On the side of the box I have embossed the edges with pink embossing pen and enchanted gold embossing powder.  Added the shredded paper and added some smellies.  The inside of the lid I have sprayed with Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle Gold.

Now it is over to you to show us what you can do in the recycle challenge.  I look forward to seeing some of your creations.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Hugs
Linda xxxx

14 comments:

  1. Hello my Dear Friend,
    What a beautiful project! You are so good at that technique. Looks like you've found a new love! I hope you are having a delightful weekend. I'm enjoying the extra time with my hubby. I actually made it out of the house for Thanksgiving dinner with some friends so it was very nice. Today though, I couldn't get out of bed. :( Whenever I exert myself even slightly more than normal (normally I am home all the time other than for doctor's visits) it just wears me out the next day. Physical therapy is like that for me too. Hoping 2moro will bring more energy. On another note, since it's Thanksgiving and all over here, I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have you as my friend. :0) Keep well!

    XOXO ~ Amy Jo
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous and a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project Linda your painting is gorgeous! The box looks as if it's wooden.
    Val x
    ps hope you enjoyed the chocs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda just loving this box, lovely gift for someone flowers look gorgeous to xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, linda, this is fabulous! well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful gift and so pretty to boot! LOVE this fabulous box. Great recycling.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, this box is amazing! I love it! You're great at fusioning!

    Might have to send you a box to decorate for me!

    Well done!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely, the box does look wooden and the painting is great! I have some of Sheilas stamps and paints, but my 1st try did not come anything like yours! You have inspired me to have another go, thanx Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda this looks absolutely fabulous! I haven't tried the paint fusion yet - maybe I will get round to having a go after Christmas. But what a beautiful gift this will be for someone. I'm well impressed!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely fabulous Linda! Love the pretty outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is gorjuss linda, love the transformation xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow linda gorgeous creation!!!!! Looks like this was a lot of work and you did a Fabulous job on this one too!!!!!! Way to go my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Apologies for the late hopping to your blog for the challenge - i am so behind with things!
    I totally love what you have done for this recycled challenge and such a great way of slipping some fusion in there !
    Thanks for being a great inspiration for the challenge. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx