Followers

Friday, 18 November 2011

My 2nd Foray into Scrapbooking

Today I would like to show you 2 pages I have created for my first ever scrapbook.  I have called my scrapbook A journey through my life and I hope you like my pages.


I am in Scrappin Creations by Gill M "All about Me" club and this month were were given the sketch above to follow for our next page.  I decided to do 2 pages as there were 2 photographs that I wanted to share.  I have done a Christmas theme as these photographs were taken by my Dad on my 2nd Christmas, the first one that I became aware of Father Christmas.


I have taken a piece of Tim Holtz 12 x 12 distress collection card and using Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion Ivy stamp stamped up the side and embossed using gold WOW powder.  I then took a strip of gold paper from my stash and layered this down.  Using Spellbinder dies Grand Labels 23 I cut out 3 layers the first layer is printed off from MCS Papercraft Library Bunny Snuffles Christmas, Red holographic card and some gold pearlescent card.  Using my rectangle dies I cut out 2 layers one in red holographic card and another in gold pearlescent card.  I have hand written my journalling and added my buttons as shown on the Sketch. 

This photograph is of my mum, Ruby our neighbour and me.  I am so excited as this is my first pram and dolly!  I was such a happy little bunny that day as I had my own baby and pram as my mum had given birth in the September to my sister.


I have taken a piece of Tim Holtz 12 x 12 distress collection card in Green and using Sheena Douglass' Paint Fusion Fir Tree Branch stamped at the top and embossed using gold WOW powder. I then took a strip of gold paper from my stash and layered this down. Using Spellbinder dies Grand scalloped cut out 3 layers the first layer is printed off from MCS Papercraft Library Bunny Snuffles Christmas, green holographic card and some gold linen card. Using my rectangle dies I cut out 2 layers one in green holographic card and another in gold linen card. I have hand written my journalling and added my buttons as shown on the Sketch but I have flipped the design.

In this photograph I am sat with my mum and my favourite cuddly toy my panda.  I got this for my first Christmas off my Uncle Vic and I adored him.  He went every where with me.  We had a twin tub washing machine and my mum would often find him in with my nappies.  I would sit and watch him on the washing line waiting patiently for him to dry so he could come and play with me!

Well I hope you enjoyed me reminiscing and I look forward to next months page for my "All about Me" scrapbook.

Thank you for stopping by today.
Hugs
Linda xxxx 

9 comments:

  1. Great layouts Linda. I especially like the first one, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, super layouts ... the first one has such rich warm colours... very striking

    Exx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda these are both excellent. I love how you have incorporated stamping and embossing onto the pages to create the backgrounds - that works really well. Your colours are such great choice and i love the nesties for matts and layers. I also like to see handwritten journalling as it makes it more personal
    You are racing well ahead as 2 pages - great job on both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Love your take on the sketch. Muxt get my skates on!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are super and a wonderful way to preserve those great memories! Love your pretty, pretty pages.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow lovely pages honey, looking forward to see more xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow gorgeous layouts linda!!!!! Wow your on your way now!!!!!! These will make such wonderful keepsakes!!!! You go my friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pages hun! Love the ivy stamp-looks gorgeous!xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!!I can't believe this your first scrapping adventure.Both pages are wonderful.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx