Followers

Saturday, 19 November 2011

My Favourite Things Blog Hop Hosted by Creations by Gill M

Today Gill of Creations by Gill M is hosting My Favourite Things Blog Hop.

If you have arrived here from Linda then you are certainly on the right track.

As most of you are aware I am a massive Sheena Douglass fan and I love paint fusion.  Paint Fusion is a simpler version of Folk Art, with the use of stamps you can create some amazing results and this is what I have chosen as my theme for my favourite things.


As you can see this is a clock which I have fusioned using the Poppy stamp and Pebeo acrylic paints.  I have distressed the base of the clock using red matt emulsion and then once this was dry I have coated it with PVA glue, once this was dry I have painted using matt emulsion in cream.  As it dries it give the crackled effect to which I have then stamped and painted my poppies.




All 3 of the above are pine wood mirrors which have had the paint fusion treatment.  I just love the effects this gives on them.  I have used sweet peas, pansies and sunflowers.


This is my last offering today for the blog hop and I have taken a terracotta plant pot and given it the paint fusion treatment using leave and berries, which I have stamped all around the pot and then painted.

I hope you like my interpretation of "My Favourite Things".  Now it is time to hop on over to Becks to see what she has created for this fabulous blog hop.

Thank you for stopping by today and I would love to read your comments.
Hugs
Linda xxx

23 comments:

  1. WOW!! I just love the clock! How clever are you! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous projects. I love the effect it gives the flower. Really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you have been busy! Love all the projects but my favourite is the plant pot I think.

    Where did you get the blank for the clock from? Love the shape of it :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tole painted for many, many years but have never heard of paint fusion,,, so thank you for sharing with us your beautiful favorite projects. TFS pammejo1@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah.. I love a bit of Shenna! Well done! It's addicttive when you get going with the paint fusion isn't it! X Denise

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of paint fusion! Fabulous painting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Linda,

    Many thanks for your kind cmments re. the Official Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog. It is great appreciated. Can't wait to see you for our blog hop and 1st challenge!!!

    Paula. x

    http://paulaholifieldcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I have never seen this type of painting and I must say I am a big fan now! Your projects are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful painting... I'm impresssed!
    www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you do amazing work :) Happy Thanksgiving ...lindaplusthree at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these are amazing you have some sick talent!!!! TFS

    http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your projects, especially the sunflower mirror! Just gorgeous!

    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects. Love that you shared home decor. I am not good at painting, you did a fabulous job.
    Ashley
    glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
    http://theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially love the mirrors. Great for grouping and/or gift giving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fabulous Linda, love them all. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great makes Linda1 You're so talented my friend!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are lovely Linda! I've been to a few of Sheena's workshops myself, but haven't done any fusioning!

    My favourite is the 2nd mirror....the one in which you can see that it's been pouring rain! Love the colours.

    Well done!

    Sorry for the lateness of this comment. Was working all weekend and then got caught up with other stuff when I got home!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda these projects are spectacular!!!!! Wow amazing!!!!! You are so talented yourself!!!!! Love the way you turn your hands at everything!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all your awesome painting projects but I really love the pots for some pretty flowers. Nice work! I'm a new follower and hope you stop by as well....

    Creative wishes,
    Claire
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your painting is fantastic!!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cor blimey I wish I was so talented ..... jolly well done ...super work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Dear Friend,
    Omgoodness, these are just gorgeous! What a fabby technique! Love all of them, especially the clock and the second mirror Very beautiful! They look like they would be difficult to do... Wonderful job!

    So glad to see your comments on my blog. I always look forward to them. :0) Thank you so much for always being so supportive. I really appreciate it. :0)

    Lots of hugs,
    Amy Jo - http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Linda - better late than not at all!! WOW WOW WOW i love all your fusion projects and that was an easy guess on what you were going to be doing !! LOL The clock is a neat idea - might just have to do something like that myself. My fav is the pansies as they look so smiley.
    Thank you for taking the time out to take part in the hop and show us your fabby projects

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx