Followers

Friday, 25 November 2011

A Santa's Tale

Good Friday Afternoon,

Well 4 weeks now until Christmas!!  Doesn't time fly when you are having fun?  I am nearing the end of all my orders and presents now and am so excited because I can then start to put away my Christmas crafting away and get onto other kinds of crafting.  I don't know about you my friends but there comes a time when we have just had enough of Christmas crafting and get onto doing some other designs etc.

Well today my card has a little story attached to it!  Father Christmas has been having a few problems with the elves and has had to go Christmas toy shopping for all the boys and girls, (that includes me!!!) So he has brought with him 2 of his best behaved reindeers with him Blitzen and Prancer.  He has a big grin and a sack full of toys to take back with him.  So if you see Santa shopping don't forget to say hello as you never know you might get a little extra in your stocking.


I have used an 8 x 8 pearlescent white card for the base.  The background card is from Kanban which I have had forever (you know what it is like you buy stuff and put it away then find it when looking for something else).  It is a scenic picture of a shop with house next door and lots of snow!  I have highlighted the snow with products from Crafting.co.uk (My Craft Studio) called snow and ice.  I have added the snow to the windows and in the sky.  Then with my Sakura quickie glue pen highlighted all the snow using the ice.  Santa and the reindeers are from Kanban again which I have decoupaged onto the card.  I have punched out several snowflakes and glittered them up and placed on the card.  The sentiment is attached to some acetate to give dimension.


Here is a close up of the house and you can see the snowflakes in the windows along with the ice I have used on parts of the snow. 



Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

18 comments:

  1. Cor .... you and me have both been busy girls today !! lol I love Santa, I love Snow and I love this card!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is lovely, love the design and layout, and the story behind it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,

    What a sweet Christmas Scene, love it! Thanks for playing with us at simply Create Too for our 1st Challenge.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it Linda - definitely makes me feel Christmassy. Oh yes - I will keep my eye peeled for Santa out shopping!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card - its cute but sophisticated at the same time! How did you achieve that? X
    I agree, its great when you finish your Xmas cards ... I've just got the special ones to do and a small.set of cards for my mum ... So there is light at the end of the tunnel!
    Have a nice weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Linda, great scenic background for your decoupage. My cards are finished too although I need to do the inserts - must get cracking this weekend! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do like this and all the detail!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great Linda! Lot's of fab detail!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! What a wonderful card! So much detail!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful! thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's best, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  11. VEry nice, thanks for joining us at DDSC.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing our snowflakes challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for playing our snowflakes challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely Christmas scene you've created.Thanks for joining us at DDSC.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. fab card ,love how you have created the cute scene....very clever
    thanks for joining us at the DDSB and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow linda this is really gorgeous!!!!!! love it and you did an awesome job on it too!!!!!! I missed a lot in the last few days but am catching up now!!!!!!! Oh by the way love the new look of your blog too it suits you to a tee!!!!!!!!
    Hugs linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! Thank you for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop this week. I hope you will join us again for our next challenge!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx