Followers

Sunday, 27 November 2011

Tres Chic

Here is my second posting of the day.  I have made this for an aunt of mine whose birthday is at the beginning of nex year.  It was a nice change to do something a bit different than making Christmas cards.  Gosh I can't believe we are nearing the end of November!  This year has passed so quick it is scary that Christmas is nearly upon us.

The backing papers for the base of this card came from my K & Co  Best of K & Co papers which has over 360 sheets and is one of my favourites as there are just so many gorgeous papers to choose from.  Two of the papers I have cut into right angled triangles and placed at the top and bottom and the third piece I have cut a strip and layered down the centre to hide the joining paper.  I have added a feather (I do so love feathers on cards!) in a pale brown and layered the topper over this.  This topper is from the Glitter Girls Keepsake collection of Dreamkeepers.  On the lower right hand side I have added 3 buttons and on the left a tag which says "Someone Special".  I have threaded some cordlike ribbon through in a tonal blue which is from my ribbon stash.  On the upper right hand corner I have added 2 bows in brown and turquoise and using Pinflair added 5 roses.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

16 comments:

  1. ahh wow hun you been busy today. Love them both. HUGE hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Linda xx Love the colours xx Well done hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely Linda - I am sure your aunt will love it.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Vintage Style Linda! Beautiful!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Back again wearing my Crafty Pad hat! I missed that you had entered the challenge!
    Thanks so much for playing in the Recipe of 3's at The Crafty Pad this week! I do love your card & the feather is the perfect finishing touch!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda, I like the image, the papers and the feather.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. i just love this, you managed to make it look all feely touchy lol, great work xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Great use of beautiful DP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous vintage card i love the image and colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the vintage feel to this gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this week and good luck.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sure have been a busy bee!!!! Love this chic vintage card!!!!! Absolutely delightful and your work is awesome as always!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely elegant card Linda !! Thanks for joining us this week at The Crafty Pad !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely creation!

    Thank you for joining us at TCP in 'Use 3 papers, 3 brads or buttons, 3 ribbons' challenge.

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card Linda, I am pleased to see you join our challenge at THE CRAFTY PAD this week...good luck in the challenge draw!

    Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card!

    Thanks for sharing wit us at The Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!
    kaos

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx