Followers

Friday, 2 December 2011

Butterfly Card

Good Morning

Today my posting is a card I have made using the colour blue.  I do so love using varying tones in one card and here is my butterfly card.  I have used the Sketch from a new challenge blog That Craft Place and this is their first challenge.




I have used an 8 x 8 square pearlescent white base card.  I have cut out the deep blue pearlescent card using my Spellbinders square.  Before attaching this to the card I added a silver mirri card cut out using Spellbinder Rectangle  then I have added kace along the top and 3 fine strands of ribbon along the bottom.  The next layer on the silver mirri is a stamp from My Paper World which I have stamped using an Emboss ink pad and then embossed using Silver WOW embossing powders.  I used Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Sky Blue which I attached to the silver card.  The sentiment is from Creative Expressions, Heartfelt Sentiments.  I then used a butterfly from my stash (sorry don't know where I got this) and stamped it onto white card and then onto pale blue vellum.  I then embossed them using WOW embossing powder in silver.  I decoupaged them up and attached to the card.  I have added swirls, flowers and pearl gems from my stash.

Below is a close up of the sentiment which is lovely.  I do love my sentiments on cards and are so versatile.




Thank you for stopping by today.
Hugs
Linda xxx

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Linda, I love that butterfly and the wonderful colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Linda. Great embellishments and the butterfly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant, love that butterfly! Thanks for playing along this week at Flutterby Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I love the blue and silver together! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cooking It Up with Katie this time. Remember, you can enter a total of 3 times in December. Hope to see you again soon. Oh, yes, I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love the Christmas look on your blog! Merry Christmas.
    NanaConnie DT Chef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now thats a stunning one, the sentiment is lovely i really love this one xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Love all the blue and the butterfly and flourishes just make it shine! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Linda, so glad you joined us at That Craft Place's 1st challenge. Gorgeous colours.
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous card Linda,love the butterfly.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely card Linda.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Linda, Love your butterfly its gorgeous.
    Hugs Rachael :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Linda, Thank you for playing along with That Craft Place Challenge, Love May x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card!!Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter, hugs, Frances.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply stunning sweetie...!

    thanks so much for joining us at Divas...and good luck..!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. Thank you for cooking it up with Katie :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx