Followers

Sunday, 18 December 2011

Fifties Fun

Afternon from a cold and chilly Warrington.  We have blue skies but boy is it cold out there today.

I haven't done any CD crafting for a while and I decided to make a card using My Craft Studios Fab Glam Fifties CD.  The images on these discs are fabulous and all were done by the lovely Nancy Watts.  My Dad was a teddy boy and mum was a teddy girl.  They were really good dancers and dad even won a competition back in the 1950's for his dancing.  I love rock and roll and only wish I could dance like that!


The base card is from Hunkydory.  The backing paper is from the above mentioned CD using the graphics programme I have resized the backing paper to fit the card then added the two figure, sign and records.  I copied and pasted the records and figures and decoupaged them to give this card dimension.  I have glittered the frill of Lori's dress.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

12 comments:

  1. Great card Linda, brings back memories of my childhood.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a really lovely card, so beautiful made!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card - definitely shouts the 50's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool card! Love it Linda!
    HUgs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fifties. I can almost feel the crackle of the paper nylon petticoat.
    Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday
    Beryl x GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card from a great CD. I love the effect that the backing card gives.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card Linda, well thought out, happy memories of the fifties. Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Love the shape and style of the card
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really does capture the feel of the 50's (although I was far too young to remember! lol)
    Merry Christmas
    Jocelyn
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday this week. Best wishes for the New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab work. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Fifties Fun Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx