Followers

Thursday, 5 January 2012

Beauty in Blue

Well friends what a day it has been!  The weather here has been awful what with the wind and the rain all day as I sit and write this the sky is blue but very cold and the wind seems to have dropped at last!!!  I have spent an enjoyable day in my craft room beavering away getting my samples done for Samantha from HobbyFun they will be on display at Bluewater show between the 2 - 5 February.

Here is a card I made last night!


The card base is from Kanban which I have used landscape for a change.  I have added paper from my stash which I think too is from Kanban.  I used Crafter's Companion Stick and Stay and then placed the paper over the base of the card and cut around this which covers the base. fI have Spellbinder dies that match the base of the card so I have cut out the first layer using Navy blue pearlescent card.  The image (I have had a while and can't remember the name of the company) I stamped onto Neenah watercolour card and then cut this out using a smaller die.  I coloured the image in with a mixture of watercolour pencils and Sakura glitter pens.  I have added Card Candy from my stash.  I have added lace and blue ribbon joined together and added white and blue hat pins.  To finish this off I have added the sentiment.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

13 comments:

  1. Fab card, love that cardstock looks lovely
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda it's beautiful! Well done you!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blues hun xx nicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda, love the card! The subject is one of my favourite genres and the colours are so fresh and sophisticated. It's also one of my favourite Spellbinder die shapes - so it's all good for me.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Card Linda. I am glad you have had a good day in the craftroom ... Will you be going to Bluewater? It is very near to me ! One of my favourite places lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Linda, I love the background paper.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very elegant card Linda, love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful elegant card Linda, love your ribbon and lace treatment. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely really elegant.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous blues, Linda! Love the dp and the coloring on the image. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Linda! Such lovely shades of blue, and a beautiful image! So glad you joined our Sundays with Crissy Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx