Followers

Monday, 2 January 2012

Card for my Crafting Friends

Good Evening friends and visitors

Whew what a day I have had!  Busy, busy so busy that this is the first chance I have got to post this card.
I have made this card for all my lovely crafty friends in blogland to thank them for all their lovely comments and their support throughout my journey in blogland over the last 10 months.


My base card is from Kanban is 8 x 8, yes I know I use a lot of cards this size but they are brilliant to use and enable me to use my Grande Nesties from Spellbinder.  Saying that though the topper is cut from Go Kreate.  The stamp is from Kanban too.  I have coloured this in using my watercolour pencils.  I have added some glossy accents as dew drops but it doesn't show very well in the photo.  The sentiment reads the following "If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever" and this is how I feel about my crafting friends.  I have used Pan Pastels in red and yellow and blended them together on the base of the card to give it a distressed look and on the edge of the topper and on each of the doilies.  I then placed the topper over them.  The sentiment is from my stash as are the ribbon, hat pins and paper flowers.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxx

12 comments:

  1. Why thank you very much for the card Linda!! It's beautiful and you deserve all the recognition you've been getting, well done you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely - the flowers are just beautifully colored and I love the color of the doilies.Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Linda. I love the colours and the shapes you have used. It's very spring like and such a change from winter colours. Good luck with the blog challenges. Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Especially interested in how you have used the doilies. Like your colour palette on the stamped image too.
    Aileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your coloring on the roses. 8x8 is a great size! Such a nice blog.

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love everything about it.

    Wishing you a healthy and happy new year.

    hugs
    Elly P
    x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda another gorgeous design!!!!! Love the orange doilies!!!!! You are so creative my friend!!!! With the holidays it looks like I missed quite a lot on your blog!!!!!1 I am going to go have a look!!!!! Have a great day!!!!Congrats again on your new post!!!!!

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is beautiful Linda, reminds me that spring is just around the corner. Gorgeous colours, clean and fresh. xx ps my name is Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. really gorgeous card, love the colors and image
    thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
    hugs
    céline DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant and beautiful. Thanks for sharing this with us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see more from you again soon.

    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx