Followers

Monday, 16 January 2012

Flower Girl

I would like to say hello to all my new and exciting followers!

Today here in Warrington it is lovely and sunny but oh my goodness it is very very cold.  Looking out my window it looks like a clear Summer day, but it isn't.  With Spring in mind I made this card encouraged by the lovely blue skies here.


The base card is from Dawn Bibby's Flower Patch Collection.  This is an absolutely fabulous collection and I am very pleased with my purchase.  The inside of the card I have covered with pearlescent paper which has swirls and flowers on and added the greeting which says "Just for You".  The image is a new stamp that I won from a blog challenge over at Elphine House she is called Laura flower girl.  I have used this image before on another card and just had to use her again.  I have coloured her in using my watercolour pencils and using Dew Drops Versamagic ink in Thatched Straw coloured the edge of the topper which was cut out using one of my trusty Spellbinder dies.  I took a flower from my stash and took it apart to follow the line of her dropping petals and coloured them with the same ink as mentioned above.  The rest of the flowers around the archway are from the above mentioned kit.



Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful Linda, love the floral paper and sweet image! Yes cold here today too heating broke and no hot water....

    Big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. tis bitter out there, why do dogs have to be walked lol - gorjuss card hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oww i love the arch great one again Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that archway! A gorgeous card...so very pretty.
    Stay warm!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Linda, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda, I like the design and the sweet image,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, love the flowers and cute image. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card

    Thank you for joining us at SMC for our * New Crafty Goodies * Challenge.

    Hope you will join us again soon, good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty. Thanks for taking part at LIIU
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, you obviously did a lot of work on this one. Thanks for joining us at Stamp n doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda,
    Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! Love the adorable image, the dps, the colour scheme is fabulous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Challenge and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx