Followers

Monday, 23 January 2012

Happy Birthday

Good Crafternoon my new followers and friends

Well we have had all sorts of weather this morning!  We have had rain, rain and even more rain.  We have blue skies at the moment but as I sit here typing the clouds are rolling in again.  I can't wait for the spring to arrive I have had enough now of being cold.  Not long now before the clocks go forward and the nights will start to draw out.  Anyway just taken some time out to do this posting for you all.  It is a birthday card I have made using Sherri Baldy's Happy Birthday digi stamp from Scrapbook Stamp Society. 


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is pearlescent white 8 x 8 I have cut off 1½ inches off the front of the card.
2.  First layer I have covered the front of the card with paper from K & Co.
3.  Second layer is polka dot card from My Craft Studio.
4.  I have printed off the "Happy Birthday" digi onto Supersmooth Card which I have cut out using my Spellbinder Rectangle Die.  I have coloured her in using my watercolour pencils and Sakura glitter pens.
5.  To complete the front of the card I have added swirls from my stash which I have distressed using Dew Drops Brilliance Sky Blue, added a bow, flowers and glitter gems. 
6.  Where I have cut the 1½" I have taken a piece of polka dot card and cut a stripe out and before laying down attached brown ribbon.  I have then attached buttons and flower gems from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxx

29 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image, her hair is fab, and I like the colour combo.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card love the image..Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Linda. I haven't seen that digi.

    Smiles Sher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delightful little image and I love the flowers and swirls! Great card, Linda. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a gorgeous creation and love the take on the theme this week at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    hugs Kate xx
    PS I have some candy if you are interested:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and image, great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely, Linda. I like that digi image...and that cake looks so tasty. Is it calorie free?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, so sweet, beautiful image! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful card as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card hun love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly, Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty. Thanks so much for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday this week
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card linda great image xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Linda great image xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Linda. Love the image and your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the sweet image and the background you created is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Linda, I like this so much! The image is so pretty ...who wouldn't love this popping through their letterbox?
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Precious! Love that little image and all the blue!
    Hope your weather improves!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a great image, awesome card, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  20. very cute, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Linda, I love the image and the blues and browns look gorgeous together
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card Linda, love the image too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ ProMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the blues and brown t
    thank you for joining us at crafty catz
    linda x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty.Such a sweet image and a beautifully detailed card.Thanks for joining us at Willow Sketchie Challenge.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Linda

    A gorgeous card thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz

    Hugs Dianne xx

    CraftyCatz DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry.I meant to say : Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Apologies for any confusion.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely lovely! Thank you for playing along with Digi Doodle Shop!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great creation , thanks for joining in my challenge at Secret crafter Saturday challenge this week and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx