Followers

Sunday, 8 January 2012

Let It Snow

Afternoon my crafty friends and followers

Well in keeping with one of my New Year Resolutions on making 2 Christmas cards a month this is the first one for this month!  There are a couple of challenge blogs which are just about Christmas so this will give me the incentive to keep on making them and save me from getting into a right pickle come the end of the year!!!


The base card is 6 x 6 square.  I have taken a piece of black pearlescent card and run it through my Cuttlebug using my snowflake embossing folder.  I then cut it into equal parts and layered these down into the four corners.  The next layer is taken from My Craft Studio Papercraft Library Winter Whimsies which I have altered the colour to black and white and added the wording "Let it Snow".  I printed off 2 of these and cut out the main focal image of the snowmen.  Before layering the top layer I embossed using thick embossing powder to give it a real shine to it.  The photograph doesn't show how it really shine.  I then used some of my scraps white pearlescent card and punched out the snowflakes using my Martha Stewart punch and added little iridescent gems to the centre of each snowflake.


Thank you for Stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxx

14 comments:

  1. crimbo card !!! ekk !! i said i would do this, but i didnt say it out loud lol - great card hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Linda! I'm having such a hard time NOT making Christmas cards....so think I'm going to do like you and just start making some again. LOL! I, too, will be ahead of the game this coming Christmas!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda, great card and a very good idea! I was looking wistfully at some unfinished christmas images and now I have permission to complete them and keep the christmas spirit going a bit longer. Good luck with the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely 'Shiny for the New Year', Linda! Love the B&W color palette and those wonderful snowflakes. :-D Thanks so much for playing in our "Shiny New Year" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Hope we see you again next week, too.
    NanaConnie TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Great snowman & the pearlescent card looks fab!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love black and white for Christmas. Fab card, Linda. I almost made a Christmas card today but I managed to hold off. My intention is to make at least one each week throughout the year. Nothing worse than masses of stressful cardmaking at the last minute.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the embossing hun, lovely as usual. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Linda -- Congratulations on your win over at Do You Stack Up! Fantastic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats hun its great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card, Linda! Great colours and LO and I just LOVE the snowflake embossed background! Thanks so much for joining us, last week, at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pretty card - very festive! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx