Followers

Thursday, 26 January 2012

Maggie, Springtime Girl

Evening Everyone!

I hope you have all had a fabulous day today!  I have had a lovely day crafting and my friend came to see me so that was really nice catching up and crafting too.  A quick post from me tonight but I hope you like what I have done.


I am in a "blue" mood at the moment!  Don't you find times  when you just run with one colour for a few of your cards?  Well this is the case for me at the moment.  I think my next cards will be more spring like!  My friend Lexie commented that she would like to feel warm the next time she comes for a visit!!!  Watch this space Lexie is all I am going to say :)  Below is a close up of Maggie and the embellishments.


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is from Dawn Bibby's Flower Patch Kit as are the flowers and butterfly.
2.  The base card is what I found in my stash and I have coloured it using Dew Drops Brilliance ink in Sky Blue.
3.  The paper of the base of the card is from K & Co.
4.  The topper I have cut out using one of my Spellbinder Dies after printing Maggie on Supersmooth card.  Maggie Spring Time Girl is a Heather Valentin Digi from Scrapbook Stamp Society.
5.  I have coloured Maggie in using a mixture of watercolour pencils and Sakura glitter pens.  I highlighted the edge of the topper with Sakura Glitter Pen.
6.  The embellishments consist of brodrie anglaise looped 3 times and attached to the card.  The blue beaded spray is from My Craft Studio and the flowers I have coloured using Adirondak cloudy blue.  I added gems from my stash to the centre of the flowers.
7.  The butterfly stopper has been double embossed using holographic embossing powder.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxx

26 comments:

  1. Wow you are definitely in a blue mood Linda! I love that topper and all the different shade of blue you have used.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, Linda. I am a fan of your blue mood! Good luck with the challenges.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Linda, and it just si happens Blue is one of my fave colours.......
    Shelagh x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and dreamy! Love the card Linda:) You did another great job with my digi!
    Heather<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Linda. Beautifully laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda. I like your beads embellishments.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, my friend! Adorable image, and I think you're doing the blues so well. :-D I'm so glad you played our challenge at Lexi's Creations. Good luck in the draw and I really hope you're going to play again next time. We love seeing regulars. :-D
    NanaConnie Lexi's DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the mix of the different blues and the image is very cute :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Linda. So nicely coloured.
    Gwyneth

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH thats sweet hun, xx sorry not doing too much, burs playing up, did you see Louis's card?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How have I missed that digi? It's lovely and you've shown it off beautifully.

    Don't worry...I'm watching this space and waiting to be warmed up, lol.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks great in blue Linda, love the image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another really gorgeous card Linda, I love the image and its beautifully coloured. The flowers look fantastic too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Linda, love your image.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card love the colour and the image. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Blue easel card Linda, I like the sweet image and the flowers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow linda you sure have the blues right Now!!!!! Another stunner!!!!! Another wonderful design!!!!! keep having the blues it suits you!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Linda!!! I love how whimiscal she is. I may have to get this image as well. SUPER ADORABLE. Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have so many beautiful projects and I am also enjoying getting to work with you on SSS. Much Aloha~ Jes

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really pretty Linda :) Gorgeous shape, lovely image and fabulous embellies. I love your crystals too!

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful easel card, love the blue! Wonderful colouring on the image and I love your embellishments! Thanks for joining us this fortnight at Lexi's Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty. Love the image and your blues.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, I'd say this was mostly blue! :) Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty easel card! Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really great, thanks for sharing with us at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just lovely! Thank you for joining us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx