Followers

Sunday, 1 January 2012

Miss Sunshine

Good Afternoon All

I hope you all had a good New Year's Eve and I wish you well for 2012.  Today I have been to see my Granddaughter who is 1 today.  I can't believe the last year has gone so quickly!  It has certainly been a busy year for me especially in blog land.  I have met so many lovely crafters through my blog that I just want to say a very big THANK YOU to all my visitors and of course my lovely followers from all over the world who leave me so many lovely comments.  It is raining again here in Warrington so I have made a card to reflect what I hope will bring sunshine to each and everyone of you.


The card base is from Kanban.  The square doilly I have used PanPastel Artist's pastels in yellow and red to get this lovely pale orange colour.  I have added flowers from my stash and little gems around the edge of the doily.  The image called Sunshine is from one of the SWALK collections which I bought from Crafter's Companion.  I have coloured her in using a mixture of my watercolour pencils and Sakura glitter pens.  I cut the image out using my Spellbinder scalloped square and then highlighted the edges to match the doilly.  Again I have added little gems around the scallops.  The swirl was white so I again used the Pan Pastel to make this match the topper and the doilly.  I have added a few gems to the stem of the swirl.  The sentiment says "with best wishes.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

12 comments:

  1. Hi linda, fab card and love the shiney new blog. i though about chnaging mine but not sure yet. hope you have a fab new year. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Linda, Happy New Year
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, love the blog to scared to do mine incase it goes wrong.. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New year honey, thank you for all your love and support since "meeting" you. Another wonderful card. Looking forward to see more.
    Huge Hugs, Marleen xxx
    Ps. love the new back ground, bring on the spring :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Bless, I have spent the best part of the day with my 2 yr old grandson, the best bit was he uses me to calm down, lol, even though he's so far away, and its lovely to have that relationship with a little person, even though the shouts of "Nani" can be continuous, and demanding, I love the little monkey to bits, and he knows it little Tyke!!
    Lovely card, but for me I will be sorry to say goodbye to the long nights! I love Winter, and the early evenings, big thick Home made soups and Breads, snuggling under a big thick quilt, the quietness outside, as everyone wants to be in out of the cold. A nice quiet time for me is the winter months, although it hasnt seemed it this year lol,
    Will get round to that Crafty day one day soon though, I can raid your stash in person!!!

    Happy New year to you and R hun, may it be the best yet, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a super adorable card Linda!!!!! Love the image and the sparkles!!!!! Makes me smile!!!!! Way to go my friend!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable, Linda! Love those flowers and the fabulous papers! I'm finally following you via e-mail so I won't miss any of your postings. Sorry I've been so absent. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great start to our Beat The Mid-Winter Blues challenge Linda!! The image is so cute and I love the square doily!!Great job paring it with the square spellbinder die. Happy New Year and thanks for joining us here at Sundays with Crissy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Linda what a cute card:-) I love the shapes on it and the colored image is adorable:-) Thank you so much for joining us at Sundays with Crissy:-0
    Hugs
    michele s

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card - thanks for joining the Joanna Sheen Monthly Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you have had a wonderful year both in blogland and real life! Thanks for sharing your sunny card on a rainy day with us at Top Tip Tuesday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx