Followers

Friday, 13 January 2012

Pink Posies and Pearls

Evening All

As promised here is my second post for today.  Totally different from the first one I posted and thank you to everyone who commented.  I have had a heck of a morning after I posted my first card.  Facebook and blogger where not playing nice for me today so ended up turning computer off and pottering about colouring in some of my digis I had printed off.  Here is one of the cards I have made so far today.


The base of the card is A5 which I have punched all 4 corners using my rounded edge punch.  I then used a piece of K & Co papers and adhered this to the base of the card.  Across the centre of the card I attached lace and ruffled this.  The second layer is pale pink pearlescent card which I have embossed using one of my Cuttlebug folders then removed the top layer over the embossing and used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in spun sugar.  I printed the image which is Laura Flower Girl drawn by Elisabeth Bell.  I have cut her out using my Spellbinder die Lacey Ovals.  I have laced pale pink ribbon through the loops and coloured Laura in using my watercolour pencils.  I have added pearls to the embossed areas on the pale pink card.  The feather and flowers are from my stash.



Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

19 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning i love the colours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo pretty, love the image and great colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. owww love this hun cols are great xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda this is beautiful love the image and delicate colours stunning have a great weekend
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this is stunning, I love the lace and ruffles you used!!!!! Gorgeous job my friend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card, Linda. I love the contrast between the traditional background paper and the pretty soft pink topper and image. Very clever combination.
    Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card, love the embossing, still have to have a go at that myself :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda Darling,
    This is just beautiful! Look at all those lovely, elegant touches you have added! I love a little glamour. ;) Come on back to my blog, Dear Friend, when you have a chance. I have the rest of my (4) hops up! I always appreciate your comments and look forward to them so very much. It sounds like you've been quite busy yourself! I hope I get a little break soon so I can actually send out proper emails and cards to all my friends. I have a busy blog hop month ahead of me as well as the two design teams and orders for Valentine's day! I'm excited tho! Trying to push myself a bit and it's working well so far. Hope all is wonderful with you.

    XOXO ~ Amy Jo *Kiss Kiss*

    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. Love the sweet image.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredibly beautiful, Linda! Love the ruffled lace and the flowers. The feather is exquisite! While I'm here, I'll put on my Cooking It Up with Katie DT hat and tell you how much I love it when you join our challenges over there. :-D
    NanaConne DT Chef

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda
    A beautiful card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is very cute, love the feather with those cute flowers, thank you for joining our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop challenges this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful. Love the sparkle and the feather wih those cute flowers. Thanks for playing at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges this week. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, love the embossing and the frame, thank you for joining us at the Digi Doodle Shop Challenge this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is beautiful. Love the sweet image.
    Thank you for joining the EHA challenge.

    Hugs Audhild

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at the Elphine House Challenge Blog.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx