Followers

Monday, 16 January 2012

Sherri Baldy's Lil Ragamuffin Dorothy - Wizard of Oz Series

Hello my crafty friends.

I was really honoured when Sherri Baldy Owner of Scrapbook Stamp Society asked me to use Dorothy on one of my cards.  I love Sherri's digis they are just something really special and I couldn't wait to make a start.  I just knew immediately the type of setting I wanted to use for this little beauty.  I hope you like my card!


The base of the card is 8 x 8 white pearlescent.  I have then layered gold mirri card for the first layer.  The second layer is what I designed using My Craft Studio Wonderland CD Disc 2.  I have manipulated the background and added butterflies and a dragonfly.  I added daisies to the corner of the backing sheet and then printed it off onto Glossy card.  I printed Dorothy off onto Neenah card and then I coloured here in with my watercolour pencils and positioned her on the bottom step.  I have coloured her in shades of lilac and gave the pussy cat lovely green eyes.  I have added lilac ribbon to the top left hand corner and the daisies in the bottom right hand corner are from my stash.



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

17 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image and the scene you have made.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my linda I am speechless!!!!Wow the design of those flowers is really amazing . It looks like 3d!!!!! Wow what an excellent creation my friend!!!! Absolutely stunning and so is the image!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Linda this one is sensational. Love the 3-D look of it - beautiful.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda
    Love the charming card you created.
    Einat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Linda I love this xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful hun, love the background, will have to play in there, when I have more time, lol, I dont know how you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!!! You did an amazing job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow absolutely stunning thanks for joining us at MMCS hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card. Thanks for taking part in our challenge at MMCS.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fab, Linda. Love that digi. The whole card is very effective. Love it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. stunning card hun, love Dorothy she is gorgeous. Love the daisies to xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Linda very colourful.
    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Incredible, Linda! Perfect use of the CD. What a fantastic card! So glad you submitted this at Lexi's Creations, too. I always love seeing your work so when you enter it in one of our challenges, that's doubly wonderful!
    NanaConnie Lexi's DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is especially nice love the daisies they look stunning :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just beautiful, Linda, love everything you have done to create this card...great work.
    Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card love your layout. Thanks for joining in the fun at Lexi's Creations this challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx