Followers

Tuesday, 17 January 2012

Take Flight Fairy

Afternoon my crafty blogland friends

How are you all doing today?  I am well very busy but having a good time in my craft room.  I have a busy afternoon ahead of me doing some of my project for blog hops I have coming up in the next couple of months.  Here is a card I finished last night.  I have used Sherri Baldy's Take Flight Fairy.  I love fairies and butterflies so I just had to get this fairy.  I bought the digi from Scrapbook Stamp Society and there are some amazing digi's.  I am saving up now to get some of the stamps and I really want to play with them.


Here is a close up of the fairy!


To make this card I have used the following:

1. A4 white card with gold foiling with flowers and butterflies and A4 pearlescent white card for the back of the card.
2. Creased the card 6 cm in from the left hand side added ribbon then adhered to the white base card.
3. I took a piece of deep cream pearlescent card and layed this down onto the card.
4. Printed off backing sheet with the word Magical through it from My Craft Studio Wonderland CD
5. I printed the fairy off onto Neenah card and coloured her in using my watercolour pencils.  The wings I have used my Cosmic Shimmer iridescent watercolour paint and highlighed the strands and leaves with glitter.
6. Using parchment I made a butterfly and used different shades of pink inks to colour.
7. From crafty stash added feather, flowers, hat pins and sentiment.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

21 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous card Linda, love the image. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation Linda

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. You did a great job coloring.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your beautiful creation with us at The Crafty Pad this week in our New Year Sparkle Challenge!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda, I LOVE this card!!...XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card again, Linda, I love the composition of this one and the fairy is simply stunning. Well done!
    Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, what a gorgeous card and she's such a pretty fairy. Thanks for sharing your creation with the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge. We've now got the link working so if you could re-submit that would be good. Best wishes, Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, Linda.
    I keep meaning to type out my instructions in numbered lists as I keep putting 'then I did this, 'then I did that.' I annoy myself silly, but I always forget to do it in steps like you've done.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fairy and gorgeous card! Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creation!

    Thank you so much for joining The Crafty Pad in our SPARKLE challenge. :)

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Linda. Well done using hat pins etc, I've never used them.....yet!!

    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just adorable! Love your image and your coloring! thank you for sharing and playing along with the girls at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card Linda love the image and colours, gorgeous!

    Thanks or sharing with us over at Crafty Sentiments this week!

    Good luck, big hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's so pretty! You could also enter this in the Digi Makeover Challenge from Paper Makeup Stamps challenge this week - it's all about fairies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Incredible, Linda! Love the touch of feathers. So soft and lovely. Wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty card, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the Pollycraft challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous, love the beautiful fairy and pretty colours. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card you have made. It’s perfect for our challenge. Thank you for taking part in the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (The Crafty Purple Frog Design Team Member) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx