Followers

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Birthday Cake Party

Afternoon my lovely crafting friends and followers

Well another cold one here in Warrington!  Spent the morning crafting and taking photographs of DT work and uploading them on my computer.  Where has the time gone today!!!  Anyway I have a lovely spring-like card for you all today, just to bring a little colour into our lives.  Enjoy!!!!


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is from Kanban and the 2 layers are card from the White Wash Coordinations which I purchased from Crafter's Companion.
2.  The green layer I have cut out using my Spellbinder scalloped rectangle die.  The yellow layer I have used an embossing folder from Darice.  I then distressed both cards and the green card has been distressed around the edges using Dew Drop Versa Magic in Aloe Vera and the yellow card in Thatched Straw.
3.  The digi is called Birthday Cake Party and is drawn by the fabulous artist Heather Valentin you can purchase this here.  I printed her off onto Supersmooth card then run it through my Grande Calibur using Spellbinder lacey oval.
4.  I have coloured the digi using my watercolour pencils and highlighted some areas using my Sakura glitter pens.  The icing on the cake I have used precious pearls to give it dimension.
5.  I have laced the die with green ribbon and added a yellow bow which is from my stash.  Highlighteed the flowers on the yellow card using gems and the finishing touches are 3 buttons again from my stash.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

24 comments:

  1. Hello Linda. This is so pretty with those gorgeous colours, lovely image and design.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours, I love the green layer with the scalloped edges:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm...cake! That makes this card perfect! Lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, Beautiful card loving the colour combo Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmmm...cake! How could a card with a cake on not be perfect? Lol. It's lovely Linda, and nice bright colours...and not blue! Lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this, the ribbon through thew white card looks great :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda I absolutely love this, just love the image she is so cute. Great color scheme to xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. its stunning linda, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely spring like colours and I really like that cute image.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card - fab colour scheme and love the cute girl with her sparkly cake x

    ReplyDelete
  11. love green and yello, this is fab louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the green and yellow on this lovely card! So pretty...and yes, it does look like Spring - which I'm so ready for!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Linda what a gorgeous color combo!!!!! Love the scalloped border and the image is sooo adorable!!!! Fabulous work again!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply gorgeous Linda... Love the colour theme :D
    Teegs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your card Linda. Very pretty how you used ribbon here, and such a happy colors.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  16. fabulous card Linda, such a cute image!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super sweet card - just adore
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad challenge this week. :)
    We have a DT call out too if you would be interested :)

    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now this is pretty.Love the fresh Spring like colours.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful card! Love the embossed background and the fresh colors.

    Thanks for joining the buttons & bow challenge over at CCT!

    Hugs
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love how you have used your embossing folder on this and die cut with the ribbon threaded through is so nice. Thank you so much for sharing and playing along in the Spring Colors challenge at The Crafty Pad this week. We also have a DT call on the moment if you are interested in applying :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your spring like creation Linda! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx