Followers

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Canterbury Bell Flower Fairy

Hello my crafty friends and followers especially my new followers :)

Today is just a quick post before I travel down to Birmingham for the Trade Show.  I made this card yesterday so I could post this today.  I hope you like it!  As many of you know I love fairies and butterflies and I haven't used this little fairy in a long time.  Even though I won't have access to a computer while I am away I have ensured that there is a post everyday for you to see.  Have fun!!!!

Recipe & Method

1.  Base Card is 8 x 8 pearlescent card. 
2.  Printed off two backing papers from Flower Fairies CD from Crafter's Companion one in brown and the other blue.  Matted the brown layer first and I have used one of my punches to punch a fancy border on the blue and then added brown and cream ribbon around the border and layered this down. I have added 3 blue buttons.
3.  Stamped Canterbury Bell using Momento ink then coloured in using my watercolour pencils.  I have highlighted his wings with Sakura glitter pen.  Cut him out using Spellbinder Scalloped Oval die.  Distressed the bottom of the oval with Dew Drops Versamark in wheat and the top using Adirondak cloudy blue.  To finish off I have added brown gems around the scalloped edges.
4.  Looped some blue ribbon and fastened down using brown and cream buttons.  The sentiment is from my stash to which I have added to brown pearls.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

35 comments:

  1. Hi Linda. How beautiful and so very delicate and calming. Gorgeous image, love the border and your fab papers.
    Have a great time.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! xxx Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda
    A very beautiful card.
    Enjoy yourself at the Trade show.
    ( If that is possible, with all that walking!!!)
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that border punches! Adds a lot of detail to your lovely card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Linda. love how you've done the border, and added the butons, it looks fab...xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda, I love how you've done the border, and put buttons on, it's lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Linda, love the colour scheme and of course the beautiful fairy x
    Have fun in Birmingham ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness, Linda, you just made me remember that I have several of these flower fairy stamps and I've been neglecting them. Your coloring is sooo gorgeous! Love the dp and the border piece. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love the image :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are lovely Linda Have a lovely time
    pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card have fun away :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you're having fun at the trade show.
    Lovely card, Linda. Love the fairy image and the pretty colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card. I especially like the brown backing paper.
    Have a great time in Birmingham.
    Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, the image is just gorgeous. Thanks for taking part in our challenge this month at LIIU, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card and image love the fairy, she is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. a wonderful card as always, have fun at the show hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Linda!!!

    Hugs.
    Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Linda, love the image and boarder. Hope you have a good weekend.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, I like the image, fab colouring, and I like the papers.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! Another stunningly beautiful card Linda, I love the image and those papers are fab, the punched border looks gorgeous too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous Linda, just trying to catch up on blog surfing.... big hugs JO x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda, thanks for the chat enjoyed it, I do like this card and your colouring is superb, see u soon lol Hx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card!

    Thank you for joining in the fun with us at SMC with our
    "Things with Wings" challenge

    Hope you will join us again soon & good luck in the draw

    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute and fun! Love what you've done with that image. Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Hope to see more from you soon.
    Hugs,
    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really lovely image - superb. . Thanks for joining us at LIIU
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous creation, love your colours and image, thanks for joining us at craft your passion, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is gorgeous too! You're on a roll, Linda.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh love the image...just darling! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is so cute and the image is adorable. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A lovely creation hun! Thanks for playing over at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely image and colouring. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. A beautiful card

    Thankyou for joining us at SMC - hope to see you again soon

    Good luck in the draw!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx