Followers

Saturday, 11 February 2012

Carl the Snowman

Wow where has the last 2 weeks gone????????  We had a fabulous response to our first challenge.  Thank you so much for entering.  It is time for our 2nd challenge over at Ditzy-craftymess Challenge and this time we want to see your Winter and Snowmen.  This fortnight we are sponsored by Robyn's Fetish who gave us a selection of her winter theme collection of digi's to choose to make our card.  I chose Carl the snowman and here is my project.


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is 6 x 6 which I have added the back of a card that I had in my stash which has lots of little dots in soft grey's white and blue which reminded me of snow.  I have sprayed the front of the card using Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle in Silver.
2.  I printed Carl the Snowman off onto Super smooth card and using my Spellbinder lacey ovales cut him out.
3.  I have coloured Carl in using watercolour pencils and used Sepia Accents on his cheeks and Cosmic twinkles on the edge of his gloves and bobbles of his scarf. 
4.  Punched out snowflakes using my Martha Stewart snowflake corner punch in pale blue and royal blue mirri card.

Now it is over to you!  I look forward to seeing what you create for our 2nd challenge. 

Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

7 comments:

  1. He's so cute and that background looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Linda! Like how you framed out this cute little snowman and the way you punched out the corner. It's going to great for an early start of a Christmas card or just a fun "winter" card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful winter card, Linda! Carl is one of my favorites of Robyn's images. Fantastic coloring and I love the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's one cute snowman, Linda! Lovely card...even if it has made me feel colder, lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card hun, I love this adorable snowman and all the sparkle looks fabulous. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog today, it was very much appreciated and I am feeling much better thanks to the support of my bloggie friends, thanks again
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda just popped over to say great to meet you at the Manchester show on Friday, I'm sure Lisa will have our photograph blogged very soon lol!
    Just had a good look around, congrats on becoming a Grandma - I can't wait to do the same!
    Love your little snow man card and your scrapbook pages of Alice are gorgeous!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is such a cutie, great card

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx