Followers

Friday, 24 February 2012

Hugs

Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers

Well it is a year to the date that I started my journey into blog land.  How time flies when you are having fun.  My blog candy finishes tonight and I will be posting over the weekend the winner.  I have a busy weekend visitng my parents and my sons and granddaughter.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you for visiting and leaving such wonderful comments. 

I would like to wish my Dad a very happy birthday for today and my mum too whose birthday was on Wednesday.  Love you both xxxx
I hope you are all well and having a crafty Friday.  As usual I am busy in my crafty piece of heaven.  Brain is buzzing with lots of ideas I have!!!  So many ideas so little time.  I can't believe it is nearly 1 o'clock already where has this morning gone?  Here is a quick card I have made and I hope you like it.  I do so love my Elisabeth Bell stamps and this is one I have used before but just love it!


Recipe & Method

1.  Card base is from Kanban which has a curved edge. 
2.  First layer is white card stock which I have covered using black lace and layered onto the base.
3.  I stamped the image and then cut out using Spellbinder fleur-di-leis rectangle die.  I have coloured the image in using my watercolour pencils.  Distressed the edges using pastels Magneta from PanPastelUK.
4.  Down the right hand side I have added some lace and then added flowers and swirls.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Digi Bells DT BH - Lots of Lace
Totally Gorjuss #119 - Lace
Cooking it up with Katie #90 - 3 favourite things (Stamp, flowers and lace)
4 Crafty Chicks #78 - Colour inspiration
Stampin 4 the Weekend #4 - Bingo (Pink, Lace & Flowers)

Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

23 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Card Linda the image is so sweet
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely image, Linda. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to your parents. First of all, good health and smile.
    Nice color combination and great execution.
    Hugs from Poland Mili

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card I love the image. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. Love how you covered cardstock with the black lace - I'm going to have to try that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw thats gorgeous Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Happy Birthday to your blog, hope you have a great weekend xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A precious image and I just adore the lacy, feminine feel of the card. Lovely dp and the doily is a perfect backing for the gorgeous flowers. Incredible detail! How wonderful that you and I each started blogging in the same month and year. It was a delight sharing a DT with you and now following you as one of your blog land friends. Hugz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is so cute - gorgeous lace
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you added the lace on this fantastic card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Linda. I do like black and white and pink together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card with wonderful colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, love the image and the colors. Those flowers look beautiful to xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning work as always, Linda. I love all the frills and pretty detailing on this card. Good luck in the challenges with it.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! This is stunning Linda, the lace trim is gorgeous, the image is adorable and the flourishes, flowers and die cut frame are all really beautiful, such a lovely card. Happy blogoversary and I hope you have a lovely weekend with your family
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. The flowers on your card are fabulous. Great layout and colors. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet and adorable card Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome card - I love all the lace and flowers! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card Linda - thanks for joining us at the Digibells blog hop this month xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx