Followers

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Lavender Flower Fairy

Hello my dear Friends & Followers

Today is just a quick card I made today while catching up on things that needed my attention from while I was away.  I am still shattered as yesterday we had the plasterer in and you know the mess and dust that creates so I spent all afternoon and early evening cleaning up the whole of the house to bring it back up to my standard :).

Another bit of news again for you is that Marie has asked me to be part of her design team over at Desmet Designs.  Also I am now the International Coordinator for Scrapbook Stamp Society so guess who is going to be very, very busy.  I am so excited about all this and as a couple of my friends have said "It is my lucky year"  long may it continue :)


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is 8 x 8 pearlescent in white.  I have matted silver holographic card but before adhering to the card I have added lilac lace and then matted onto the white card.
2.  Using Neenah card I have cut out using Spellbinder labels 23 and stamped the lavender flower fairy and coloured her in using a combination of watercolour pencils and Sakura glitter pens.
3.  I distressed the edges using pastels from PanPastelUK in violet.  I adhered this to the holographic card using different depths of shaker tape so give it dimension.
4.  I have added gems to 3 of the corners and a ribbon with a butterfly charm.  The flowers and the gem spray were added using Pinflair glue gel.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge #120 - Favourite Things (Fairies, Lilac, Lace & Flowers)
Allsorts Challenge #142 - Anything Goes
Stamp-n-Doodle - Lace & Flowers
The Cutie Pie Challenges #12 - Flowers
Stamptacular Sunday #152 - Charm me
Always Crafting #2 - Anything Goes
Truly Madly Crafty Challenges - Ribbon & Bling

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxx


24 comments:

  1. such a pretty card - love the sparkle
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I love this it's so sparkly Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet card Linda, love it.... Hope you are relaxing this evening, sending hugs Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Linda, I love the image and the colour and the lace and flowers look beautiful. Congratulations on your news, I was really pleased to see that you had been chosen for the Desmet Designs team and look forward to working with you
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card such a sweet image. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Linda, love the soft subtle colours with the sparkle. Congrats on your news too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh my favourite colour. A beautiful card Linda, and welcome to the team. Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sweet, lovely colours and lace :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card, I really like the image that you used.

    Thank you for joining us at Stamp n Doodle this week.

    Anne-Marie x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your blogaversary :)
    Love the card, very pretty x
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card Linda love it loving all the detail
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the distressing around that perfectly lovely image - what a wonderful card!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image the colours, the lovely lace edging and the charm, congrats on your new design teams.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation and thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz with our favouites challenge. Hope to see you back next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card as always linda, lousie xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great new blog design Linda, hope all is well! Another smashing card! Love the colors and the gleam! Thanks for playing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely project! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Allsorts this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the image and your holo background. Thank you for sharing with the Cutie Pies! Woo x

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a beautiful card Linda.

    And yep...it's certainly your year and I have a feeling it's going to get better and better.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Stamp-N-Doodle.

    Chana, DT
    Stamp-N-Doodle

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is really cute. Love the charm, flowers and blingy lace. Thanks for playing at Cutie Pie and good luck. Hope to see you back monday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx