Followers

Thursday, 2 February 2012

Once Upon a Time...............................

Hello my new followers and friends

Well here I sit in my craft room at 1.00 am Thursday morning just finished off doing a bit of admin while all was quiet and finishing off a couple of DT cards.  Today over at Scrapbook Stamp Society it is time for our next fortnightly challenge which is "Once upon a Time".  I chose to use Rowan 2 by Morgan Fitzsimons for this and you can buy her here.


Recipe & Method

1.  8 x 8 pearlescent card.  On the front of the card I have scored diagonally from top left to bottom right to make a twisted easel card.
2.  On the base of the card I have added pearlescent silver card and printed of from My Craft Studio Floriography CD the backing paper which before matting I have added purple ribbon then layered over the silver.  I have added a Sentiment as the stopper to help the front of the card stamp upright.
3.  I have adhered Silver pearlescent card measuring the exact size of the front of the card to the bottom half leaving the top half adhesive free so it will stand when twisted.
4.  I have matted and layered rainbow pearlescent card and purple silk art card.  The topper I took into My Craft Studio graphics programme and added a base colour before printing this off and colouring her in using Watercolour pencils and Cosmic Shimmer paints.
5.  I then layered her onto silver mirri card and then layered over the purple silk card.  I have added ribbon and a bead spray to the left and added a purple butterfly from my stash.
6  To 3 of the corners I have added arora burealis gems.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxx

30 comments:

  1. Hello Linda. Oh WOW, this is gorgeous. I love the design and your colours. The image is so very special and the addition of the feather is fabulous. Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design, great image and lovely colours. Very inspiring x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Linda, I like the image and the soft colours.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Linda, love your embellishments.
    Hugs Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Lovely design and image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning image. Great card.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty card, the image is lovely and the feather looks fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's gorgeous. The feather is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Linda...good luck with the challenges.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is lovely Linda, love the shimmer paints

    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Linda love the colours. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card Linda, It really does look like something from once upon a time. The colours are stunning.

    Love Bex xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda, this is stunning love the shimmer and the image is beautiful.
    Hugs Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful card Linda, the colours a gorgeous and I love how you've enhanced the image with the shimmer.
    Sarah xx :0)

    ReplyDelete
  16. love ti hun looks great xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very Pretty!! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    http://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely card - love the colour scheme xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Linda, what a gorgeous card! Love the colour and the feather / butterfly - just beautiful. Great colour combo as well.

    Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card Linda and I love that embellishment.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linda this is gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely Stunning Linda... I love the colours too :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. What fabulous sheen you have! Your image seems more exotic with the mirror paper and pearlescents. Thank you for joining us at Shopping Our Stash: People Who Need People challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just so gorgeous hun...!

    thanks for joining us at Divas....and good luck...!

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty and I like the feather accent! Thanks for playing along with us at Flutterby Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! Love the feather with the little branch! Lovely image too!

    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really gorgeous Linda. Such a beautiful image and love the feather

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx