Followers

Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Snow Baby

Good morning to all my crafty friends and followers
another busy day ahead!  Today here in Warrington we have lovely blue skies but oh my gosh it is freezing.  Went out shopping first thing and it was 0 degrees!!!!
I think this card is apt for today.  I have used Elisabeth Bell's Snow Gear Snowbaby stamp which I bought from Polka Doodles website.  There service is very quick I ordered Sunday afternoon and it arrived yesterday.  So of course I had to use one of them didn't I!!!!!


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is from Hunkydory which I have added backing paper which I have printed from My Craft Studio Papercraft Library Bunny Snuffles Christmas.
2.  Using my Martha Stewart snowflake border punch I punched out the border on white pearlescent card and place diagonally on the card and then added to pearl gems at each end and on the other 2 corners.
3.  Piece of white card put through my Cuttlebug and embossing snowflake folder which I then coloured using Dew Drops Brilliance Sky Blue ink pad, then placed this diagonally too.
4.  The snowman is from a Hunkydory kit which I have coloured using a combination of watercolour pencils and Cosmic Shimmer paints.
5  Stamped snowbaby onto white card and coloured in using watercolour pencils and used Cosmic Twinkles to highlight her hat, hem of coat and button then cut out using my Spellbinder scalloped oval.  I distressed the edges using Dew Drops VersaMagic Aspen Mist.
6.  The snowflakes left over from the border I have attached randomly over the card and the sentiment is from Hunkydory too.



Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs
Linda xxx

20 comments:

  1. Woo hoo love this card!!!!The image and the colors are smashing together!!!! Wow excellent work again my friend!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Linda....quite apt too given the weather,lol.
    Love snowflake embossed card...

    Hugs Sandie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I love the embossed background
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet card, Love the images.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm loving that stamp, Linda. Glad she's wrapped up warm, lol.
    Fab card as always.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovin' all that blue on this beautiful card! So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really lovely card Linda, I like the images and the embossing.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya, back again lol, fab card and I love the the snowman and those gorgeous snowflake papers. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, frosty but cosy :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely papers and embossing, Linda! Love all the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda this is lovely my friend! Blue seems to be right on trend at the mo!!!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Linda - finally got my own blog up and running but its nothing like this one! Still I guess even you had humble beginnings! If you want to look at mine its http://www.fisherscardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda, what a gorgeous card.I love the frosty blues and all the sparkle.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel Uk and good luck
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the stamped image. Thanks for joining us at Emmas Crafty Challenge this month. Good luck, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great how the snowflakes are reflected on the embossed card and the backing paper. Thanks for sharing your fabulous card with us at PanPastel Uk challenge this week.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a cutie.. and i love the embossing
    Thanks for joining us at Diva's by design this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really adorable creation hun!! Love all of the embossing here! :) Thanks for playing along with us over at the Belles n’ Whistles Challenge Blog ! Hope you will join us again and good luck!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely work and your details are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Belles N Whistles challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx