Followers

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Fairy & Butterflies

Good morning my crafty friends and followers

Today I am going to the NEC for the show and will be assisting Kay Rutter (Hougie Crafts) on E18.  We will be setting up this afternoon ready for the show to begin on Thursday.  If you are going please come and say hello it would be lovely to meet you. 

I made this card using Elisabeth Bell's fairy stamps which is just beautiful.  I have used her before and I just love her. 


Recipe & Method

1.  The base card is an A4 card which I have scored to make an A5 landscape card.  This card is from Hunkydory and has some beautiful gold swirls and butterflies.
2.  I stamped the image onto Supersmooth card and cut out using Spellbinder Fleur-de-lis Rectangle die.  I coloured the image in using watercolour pencils.  I have glittered her wings and used Spectrum Noir pen to colour around the lily pad.  I then distressed the edges with Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid and then threaded ribbon around the decorative edge.
3.  I used Spellbinder die to cut out the border which I again distressed using the above ink pad.  I then added some gems to the edges.
4.  I cut out the butterflies using Martha Stewart Butterfly punch on Pearlescent pink paper and pale pink patterned paper and alternated them as shown.  Down the centre of each butterfly I have added pale pink pearl gems.  On the right hand corner I have added white pearls in a swirl.


Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, what a sweet image! Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little image and such a pretty card to go with it.Love the threaded ribbon.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the sweet image, the threaded ribbon and the butterflies.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Love the butterflies and the ribbon technique. Thanks for playing Just Inspirational Challenges this week and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Pretty image and love the butterflies on here.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, so pretty! Thanks for joining us over at Just Inspirational!

    Hugs Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So very pretty Linda!! Love your ribbon threaded around your frame!! Gorgeous butterflies too!! ;) Thanks for playing along with us over at the Belles n’ Whistles Challenge Blog ! Hope you will join us again and good luck!! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really Pretty, Linda! Great Image! Thank you for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge & For sharing your talents with us!! Come back and join us again soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful image and love your butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. pretty card, Thanks for Joining us on the Pile It On challenge this time, see you soon! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Linda
    Enjoy the NEC this week , it was lovely to see you at Harrogate last Sunday
    Hugs
    Sue
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the BnW challenge this month.

    Hugs, Audhild

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining the BnW challenge this month.

    Hugs, Audhild

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx