Followers

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

First DT projects for Ali-Crafts

Hello my crafty friends and followers

Well I had a fabulous weekend working with the lovely Kay at Harrogate and met a lot of old friends and new friends too.

Here is one of my first set of projects for Ali-Craft as part of their design team.  You can also visit their Facebook page here.  As a lot of you know I have an eclectic style to my crafting and I like anything and everything about papercrafting but also I have now moved into decorating frames etc.  This is my first ever project combining my love of grunge with some gorgeous papers and inks also my embellishments are ever increasing from the usual too. 

My first project I have used the house shaped shelving system which you can buy from Ali-Crafts at the Birmingham NEC HobbyCrafts show this coming weekend.  Look out for Ali and Iain who will be on Stand G01.  I have also used the new Tim Holtz Attic Treasures stamps and Graphic 45 12 x 12 papers which are simply fabulous to work with.


I have painted the house in white emulsion and then distressed the outside with Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Stormy Sky. On the inside I have used a combination of Tea Dye and Wild Honey by stamping pad onto craft mat and a water brush to cover the area. I had a small canvas which I also painted and then stamped cotton reel toppers all over the frame using Black Stazon, I cut out this topper from the Graphic45 Eclectic Emporium paper and run around the edges using my scissors to give a distressed look and distressed the edges with Tea Dye. I attached the frame to the house using Pinflair gel. I added strong double sided tape to the top and some lace which I distressed a little with Old Paper Distress Ink.


The cotton reels were in my craft stash which I wound different embroidery threads around. I then stamped the cotton reel toppers from the stamp kit and added to both ends of each of the cotton reels.


When my father-in-law passed away I inherited his button box.  There were a lot of lovely goodies in this box as my mother-in-law was always sewing and I searched the box and found old button, and old sew needles book, an old tape measure, elastic, buckle, seamstress chalk, cotton and a thimble. 



Before adding all the gorgeous finds I used some of the stamps and stamped in a couple of the compartments using Tea Dye and from the above mentioned 12 x 12 sheet I stamped the image using Stazon onto the card then cut out and distressed the edges with my scissors.  I then distressed the edges with Tea Dye ink pad.  I attached this to the edge of the house.


This is a close up shot of the bottom of the house.  All the embellishments have been attached with Pinflair gel.  Don’t you just love the look of these buttons?  The needle pocket is just a brilliant find; I was so excited as it fitted in with this project so well.  Well the last photograph is the finished article.


The next 3 projects are cards which I have used the following, Graphic45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Collection, Steampunk and Butterfly Speccies; Debutante Collection Eclectic Emporium and Mechanical Mind; Stazon; Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Tea Dye and Old Paper; Versamark; WOW embossing powder; Spellbinders Donna-Salazar Sprightly Sprockets; an assortment of charms; ribbon; hat pins; wool from stash and tag.





Thank you for stopping by today and for all your continued support
Hugs






7 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Linda x Love the birdhouse especially. It was lovely to see you on Saturday, hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda

    Just loved the work you have done for the 1st Design Team Project
    Fab cards as well - Andrea will put them onto the Ali-craft blog in the next couple of days

    Hugs from all at Ali-craft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic stuff today LInda - its all very inspirational! Hugs Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful projects Linda, they are all stunning
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Linda,
    That's exactly what I love about you...your eclectic style! I love how you don't conform to just one type of craft or style. You can go from elegant and chic to rock 'n' roll and sexy/edgy to vintage/classic! I LOVE your creations! I can't decide which is my favorite! I think it's between the 2nd and 3rd one. Oh my, they are just beautiful and that house turned out darling!!! I LOVE it!!! And the Steampunk lady, wow! Gorgeous!!! You are so awesome! Great job my sweet, sweet friend.

    Love you lots,
    Amy Jo
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous projects linda beautiful made.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Linda these are really beautiful, love the steampunk cards, just so stunning.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx