Followers

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Little Mermaid

Good Evening my Crafty Friends and Followers

This is going to be my last "live" post until Monday as I am off to Harrogate tomorrow.  That doesn't mean to say that there will be no posts for a few days, I have 3 scheduled posts over the next 3 days while I am away for you to look at and comment if you so wish.  I wish you all a happy weekend and of course wishing  you all a fabulous Mothering Sunday and that you all get spoilt.

Some happy news for me too today, my second grandchild is going to be a little girl and my hubby and I are thrilled to bits as we only had boys so it is a lovely change to get more girly clothes etc.  Alice is doing well and the new baby is healthy too from what the Doctor's said when Holly had her scan today.


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is A5 to which I have matted pale blue pearlescent card.  I have cut the edges of the card with a wavy cut.
2.  The second layer is cut out with one of my Spellbinder dies which I have used marbling inks onto in golds and purples.
3.  The little mermaid is one of the paintings by Christine Haworth's Dream Tide.  This is the lady who has also done the Paintbox Poppets and Angel Whispers.  Love her designs and I have had these a long time.
4.  To finish off I added the sentiment and a couple of decoupage shells and a couple of real shells.

Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs


12 comments:

  1. Lovely theme. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lida what a lovely card the girl is adorable and i love shells xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Helen Fabulous news about the new arrival to be! My eye was drawn to the image right away so when you said the artist ... Lovely card. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous news linda. I love your card and that image to she is gorgeous, love the shells xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh and hope you have a good weekend too lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it hun her designs are gorjussx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous news and fabulous card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news for you and what a lovely card, fab theme.
    Becky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This is gorgeous hun, love the shells and the colours are beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really lovely card Linda, I like the image and the shells, lovely news about the baby,
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful sandy shore theme Linda, lovely PBP image.
    A granddaughter eh..... girls are the best!
    oh Linda all those little frilly dresses it will be such fun.
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and congrats on the forthcoming baby grandaughter :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx