Followers

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Steampunk Beauty

Afternoon friends and followers

I can't believe where today has gone!!! I did plan to post this earlier but so engrossed in other DT work that before I knew it it was nearly 5.00 pm.  Following all the amazing comments you left me from yesterday's post showing my steampunk samples for Jem's Designs I have made this card especially for YOU my lovely friends and followers.  My style in card making is so eclectic which is just fun as I never know what each day will bring in my crafting.  I hope you all enjoy seeing today's post and enjoy the rest of your day no matter what you are doing.


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is 8 x 8 square.  The first layer is a piece of card from my stash which is embossed which I have sanded of the sheen and distressed with Adirondak mushroom.
2.  From the steampunk pack of paper which you can purchase from Jem's Designs.  I cut out the girl in the cog and the hat. 
3.  Using Spellbinder Sprightly Sprocket dies by Donna Salazar I cut out the six dies using matt silver pearlescent card which I then distressed using Adirondak mushroom.
4.  I arranged the largest cog at the top and then added the steampunk sentiment down with a brad.  I then positioned the girl undernearth this and used two more of the cogs and added buttons to the centre.  After cutting out the hat I cut into the brim and added black lace and a white feather then placed onto the card.  The rest of the cogs I arranged on the card and added another button and brad to them.  To finish off the hat I added grey gems and another button.

This card is my way of saying a very big thank you to all your lovely comments and to also thank Susan, Linda and Sheenagh for giving me the opportunity of working with such fantastic materials.

Thank you for stopping by today
Hugs
Linda xxxx

21 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, your card is so wonderful, I do like Jems designs.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauwwwww Linda what a wonderful card

    Hugs Hanny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS!!!! but you do deserve it, beautiful work, hunni, truly beautiful, xx pop by mine will you? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so beautiful! Love it! great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and fun card! Love the touch of the feather too.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab card Linda - looks like a great CD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Steam Punk card Linda! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely fabulous
    Kerry x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello linda, i don't normally post on blogs but i know how you carry yours so close to your heart, so i just want to say, not only are your cards remarkable... but so are you.A lovely genuine lady that i am very pleased i met, you truly deserve the praise you recieve. love sue.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Linda, steampunk and a feather - fabulous!
    Hugs Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. fab card linda, ive never tried still style before, i may need some tips soon as im sure i may have the need to make one soon. lousie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card Linda. Absolutely amazing job on it.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous steampunk card Linda, I like all the cogs and the feather.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is awesome, Linda! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aivan ihana-suloinen kortti!
    Kiitos osallistumisestasi The Paper Shelter - Anything goes-haasteeseen tällä viikolla
    Kaunista kevättä ja kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle ja perheellesi sinne <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice thing to do and the card is simply wonderful. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Totally fabulous card.Love all the details.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the feather on your hat. The metal embellishments and the gears are amazing, too. Thanks for joining us this week at The Crazy Challenge
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, love the design :) Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..and good luck….
    Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx