Followers

Monday, 30 April 2012

The Age of Steam

Happy Monday to all my crafty friends and followers

Well as I sit here writing this post we actually have blue skies with fluffy clouds!  It is very windy and chilly but this is much better than grey skies and rain.  I hope you all have a wonderful day and the weather is kind to you all.

Today's card is made using one of Jem's Designs CD's called The Age of Steam, as some of you know I love steampunk but haven't made anything with this theme for a while.  I made this on Saturday night and really enjoyed making this.  The image I have used is called Maddie. 


Recipe & Method

1.  The base layer of the card is A4 Acetate which I have scored and folded to make an A5 card.
2.  I printed off the insert onto cream pearlescent paper and using double sided tape I attached to the acetate. 
3.  On the front of the card where the tape was showing through I added another strip of double sided tape and added black glitter, this then hid the tape.
4.  I printed of the twisted pyramage sheet again on to cream pearlescent paper and cut out.  The first layer I used Crafter's Companion Stick and Stay and using foam pads added the layers.
5.  To finish off the card I have added black swirls, cogs and black and white ribbon.  I also added some pearl gems down the side of the black glitter strip and on three corners of the topper.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

28 comments:

  1. What a lovely image... brilliant card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Linda. I like your idea of using acetate for the base layer. I love that pretty ribbon and the glitter strip. These images are so sweet and easy to work with x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card,love the image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this image, Linda. You've created a special card with her - it's just perfectly composed.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Linda, love how you've used acetate for the base card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Linda love acetate xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this card, so well thought out, and the image is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely card Linda I have the steam punk cd and have to admit I don't use it as often as I should as there are great images on there love this though have a great day it's nice a sunny here for a change today lol
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is brilliant!!!! Love the image and the design is so unique!!!! Wow another stunning creation my friend!!!! Wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabbie card, so perfect for our Steampunk theme! Love the use of acetate too! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun card. Love using acetate to make a card base, but steampunk doesn't come easy for me. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda,
    Certainly is nice to see Blue Skies and Sunshine here in Warrington lol. This is Absolutely Gorgeous!! Love the fabulous image, the dp, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Poodles Parlour and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it, i realy have to get this disk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well designed, Linda! Love how you've feminized steampunk and still used black and gray. Marvelously done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a fantastic card, love the image and LO, thanks for joining our challenge at Anything goes, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Linda, hugs Jo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image and all the cogs.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really great - love it!
    Kate
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card Linda - good luck in the challenge.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a fabulous and beautiful card linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Linda xxxxxx love the acetate x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous card, Linda. I love my steampunk too as you know; she is a great image and I love what you have done with this. I made an acetate card at the weekend too, believe it or not!! but it was a sparkly one with pink butterflies!! I love all your embellishments and that is a VERY fab ribbon!. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card, just adore the image and the steampunk effect and the ribbons, fabulous colors xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not really into steampunk myself Linda, but this card is really lovely.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow love the steampunk and love the design of your card xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous hunnie! I love the image and those cogs look super, I REALLY love it. I keep wanting to do some steampunk and technological style cards but just haven't gotten round to it, I have some fab embellishments just crying out to be used lol. We had actual sunshine here today, it was warm and everything, it was raining and windy again by this evening but it was brilliant not to have another grey day. Hoping you get some sunshine tomorrow =)
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card, great details, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx