Followers

Sunday, 29 April 2012

April Showers bring May Flowers

Good Morning to all my crafty friends and followers

Well I hope if you go out today you wrap up well and take your umberellas, it is absolutely dreadful here in Warrington!  The above saying isn't wrong as I think we have had a handful of dry days here in Warrington!  Let us hope that we get a decent summer this year.  I really hate the cold weather!

Today my card for you all is one I have made using Heather Valentin's digis called Emily Rainy days and you can get her over at Scrapbook Stamps Society at the Digi Shop.  She is just a real cutie and is so apt for todays weather. 


Recipe & Method

1.  The base card measures 21 x 15 cms  along the width of the card I have scored at 6½, 9½, 14½ and 19½ and folded to create a zig zag card.
2.  The paper is from My Minds Eye Vanity Fair pack of 6 x 6 papers.  I have put this on the first fold and the 3rd fold.
3.  I printed Emily off onto Neenah Card stock and using Spellbinder Romantic Rectangle die cut her out.  I have coloured her in using Spectrum Noirs.  For the rain and puddle I have added glossy accents.  I have used Dew Drops VersaMagic Pink Petunia to distress the edges and then added her to the front of the card.
4.  On the 2nd fold I have added ribbon to match the colours in the paper and tied it into a knot and added to hat pins.
5.  To finish off I have added flowers and gems from my stash on the 1st and 3rd folds.  The sentiment I stamped onto Neenah card and cut out using Spellbinder Label 25 die.  The sentiment reads "Friends fill your life with Joy, your soul with sunshine and your heart with love.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx

29 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Linda,love the image and a fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Linda,love the fold and you coloured the image beautifully. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Linda, the colour combo is fab x

    ReplyDelete
  4. another beauty Linda, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous image and fabulous papers x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda this is just too cute! I love that fold & your image is coloured beautifully!
    Thanks for sharing it with us for the April Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge at The Crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have made a fucky card again great colors as usual tx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is so pretty, love the colors you have chosen, great papers and love those little flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card Linda that image is so pretty I am still to over there and have a good nose since I joined up life hey oh well enjoy the rest of the day I hope it's warmer and brighter by you (I think Gill M has stolen the sun all for herself lol)

    take care Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda
    Beautiful, I love the image, and your papers are great.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Linda, I love the spots and stripes together. The sentiment is lovely and it's an impressive fold for a card too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Linda, great image for today!

    Gosh I with there were more hours in a day, trying to catchup on blog visiting and commenting....

    Big hugs JO xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. She is indeed a real cutie, Linda, and I love the candy striped card you've used. Fabulous colours from a talented lady as always.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda lovley card, April showers so true ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another "WOW" card, Linda! Perfect rainy day image and so gorgeously colored. I love that ribbon and the flower embellies are marvelous! Adore that striped paper!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda,
    It's a really pretty card I really like the image.Thanks for joining us at PanPastel uk this week.

    Kerry DT Leader

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous hun, I love the gorgeous image and those flowers are so beautiful. Thank you so much for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda this is lovely - the flowers are gorgeous xxx
    great card as always! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Linda, love the colours and cute image

    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute image, makes a lovely card! Thanks for linking up to The Crafty Pad's challenge this week. Estelle x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Linda, wow what a stunner. Love the esign of this card. Thanks for sharing at Little Miss Muffet stamps. Good luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Frea, DT Member LMM

    ReplyDelete
  22. A beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at DCD this week.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So like the image, very April Showers here at the moment, :)
    Great colours and I love the stripes for the background.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just lovely Linda! I love the colours you have used and this image is perfect for rainy weather!

    Thanks so much for joining us for the April Showers challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this card sweetie... It's such a vibrant happy set of colours, you just don't notice the rain! Love it!,

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card and embellishments. The image is adorable too and everything is just perfect for the April Showers May Flowers challenge at The Crafty Pad. Thank you for playing along with us this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You colored the girl beautifully! Lovely card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx