Followers

Monday, 2 April 2012

Crafting Weekend at Hayling Island

Good Afternoon my crafty friends and followers

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and you are all well.  As you know my friend Linda and I went to the Create and Craft weekend at Hayling Island.  We set off on Friday morning at 8 am and got there about 1.30.  The journey down was fabulous, no traffic jams, the sun shining and we chatted all the way :)  I am sorry but I didn't take a lot of photographs and we had a tight timetable to follow!

When we got there there was quite a few fellow crafters and some of the demonstrators too!  We booked in and mingled with everyone, met my good friends the Glitter Girls, Kath, Babs and Cara.  It was great to see them again.  We had to go and collect our badge and goody bag for the weekend.  At 4.00 on the Friday afternoon we had our first workshop with Dawn Bibby.  We were given a pack of her Classic Bloom and made 3 cards.


In the evening there was entertainment and the meal was fabulous.  The Saturday was such a busy day with 4 workshops, our workshops included, Creative Expressions  Julia Watts, Lynne Gilbert and Maria Holder took this workshop and we had fun using the new stamps which were drawn by Sam Poole and some of the new Spellbinder Dies.  We made the following card.


Linda and I then had a workshop with Kanban and Jill Saidy and Dawn Wheeler took this class.  The focus for this workshop was to make flowers from the new Country Garden Collection.   Our kit consisted off a tags large enough to stamp the gorgeous ladies on, a sheet of white card suitable for stamping, a sheet of white tags some with greetings, dots, stripes and blossoms on, Kandy Core card with precut shapes for making your own flowers, cream sheet of die cut flowers, a sheet of the new vellum and a sheet of the new Baroque corners card.  The did have the stamps we could play with and I stamped the 3 ladies onto 3 of my tags.


After lunch we took a workshop with the lovely Phill Martin which was scrapbooking with Potterycrafts.  We were given a set of masculine stamps and some gorgeous 12 x 12 paper pack we then made a scrapbook page using the above mentioned and Phill came around and signed all of our photographs.  This was a fun class and if any of you know Phill he is a bundle of laughs.


Our last workshop on Saturday was with the lovely Hazel Bainbridge from Card Creations Plus.  We were given a pack to make the card which I will show below.  I actually made a card that I haven't made before so this was really nice and Hazel was her usual chrippy self.  The design if from Linda Ravenscroft CD and the card was a box gatefold easel card. 


In the evening following another fabulous meal we were entertained by the lovely Dean and Dawn and we played bingo!  There was lots of fun and giggles to be had and 8 people won some lovely prizes from Create and Craft.

On Sunday following breakfast we had our last workshop and this was with Debbi Moore and Amanda Bateman.  Debbi went through the various styles of easel cards and we were given some lovely images from the Art Deco Wedding CD.  My friend and I chose to do the quadruple easel card.


Both Linda and I had a fabulous weekend and as we were "guinea pigs" so to speak for the first time Create & Craft have done this type of thing before we were given feedback forms to complete, which if you know me I did add my comments and suggestions.  Overall for the first of it's kind it was very good and I am sure the next one will be even better!!!!!!

Finally even though I didn't take a lot of photographs I just had to post this one of me and the fabulous Dean!  He was his usual funny lively self and we sure had loads of giggles which him when he was "helping" Dawn.


Well that is it from me today!  I have not done any crafting at all today as catching up with admin and washing and ironing from the weekend.  Watch this space tomorrow with some of my new makes.  Lots of ideas so I just hope I can get them made into cards.

Thank you so much for stopping by Today
Hugs


25 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast! Love all the projects you made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you even had a new hairdo, done for Deano!!! What ever will Hubby say? LOL, glad you had a wonderful time hun, you deserved it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous creations andsounds like you had a wonderful time. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like you had a fab may have to ask hubby if i can go next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a fun weekend and what beautiful projects you came back with!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had such fun at the weekend and to craft all weekend! What heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.... Lucky you Linda, didnt you do well, and what fab cards, oooh I love that photo with you and Dean . Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a busy weekend! Glad you enjoyed it and got to do so many projects. I absolutely adore the purple flower on the Creative Expressions card x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great weekend Linda, Love all the projects you've made, they are all Stunning ...

    Shelagh x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luck you, it sounds like you had a fabulous time :)
    Love your project and that picture of you and Deano is great!!
    Hugs
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo of you and Dean. Sounds like the whole weekend was a great event. The cards you made are nice and varied as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well it sounds like you had a ball...Love all the cards you made.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful projects and know y'all have so much fun!!! Wish I'd been there for sure.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have commented sooner but I was getting sick! Sounds like a blast. You lucky lucky thing. Love all the creations you did when you were there. They're gorgeous as usual. Love the photo of yourself and Dean. So sickened. Would pay to get a cuddle from that boy! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like great weekend!
    Great pojects too.

    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Your creations are all really fab hun, it certainly looks and sounds as though you had a lovely time, the picture of you Dean is really lovely
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a fabulous weekend Linda, love all your creations especially the Kanban stamps.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks like a winning weekend formula to me, Linda. So glad you had fun and love all your makes. Well done.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Linda it sounds like lots of fun and you made some gorgeous cards too. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you had such a fab time Linda! Your cards are absolutely gorgeous...I'm so jealous! Er...shouldn't you and Deano have swapped shirts?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like you had a ball......lovely cards too xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow lookslike you had a fab time. louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. so glad it was a great weekend, all the cards are gorjuss x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a great time! What lovely creations!! Dean cracks me up, great photo!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. sounds like you had a fabby weekend :) fun projects too! but i have to say my Favorite has to be meeting the fab dean , lucky lady and gorgeous pic of you both ...Nelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx