Followers

Monday, 30 April 2012

Elizabeth

Good Evening all

I hope the weather has been kind to you today, it has been lovely sitting in my craft room making cards in the sunshine.  I have spent today catching up on my DT work but I did make a card for my blog this evening for you all to see.

The lovely Artist Sherri Baldy from Scrapbook Stamp Society sent me a few Digi's the other day, I have posted one yesterday and today I have Elizabeth the musician.  She was a dream to colour and I knew exactly the colours I wanted to use for this fabulous Digi, you can purchase her here.


Recipe & Method

1.  Base card is from Kanban and has a curved edge.  To this I have adhered a sheet of paper from Quintessential Country Garden Backgrounds from MCS.  This background has musical notes, and flowers on which fits Elizabeth very well.
2.  I have added brown lace down one side and attached pearl gems.
3.  I have used Dew Drops VersaMagic in Thatched Straw and Pumpkin Spice on the doily blending the colours together and also on the edge of the topper too.
4.  Elizabeth was printed onto Neenah Card and cut out using Spellbinder Lacey Oval die.  I then coloured her in using Spectrum Noirs.  Using my musical stamps from Dimension Stamps I stamped a muscial note and the word Harmony on the topper in Dew Drops VersaMagic Pink Petunia.
5.  On the doily I have added "Where words fail Music speaks" and a coupe of notes.
6.  I have made my flowers which has a musical theme paper and added some pale pink pearls.
7  To finish the card off I have added pale pink ribbon to a music note charm and added pearls to the top right hand corner.

Thank you for Stopping by Today
Hugsxxxx

23 comments:

  1. A 'happy memories' card for our summer challenge - perfect. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Pretty Woman!!! Awesome card. Very nice embellishments.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card I love all the layers. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card I love all the layers. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, been busy here too, hope you are doing ok! Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda hope you are well?love this fab image and embellishment.
    Hugs Rachael xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining our Summer challenge at One Stitch at a Time! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't think I've ever seen an image of someone playing a violin before. I love the way you've used it within the card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous, I love those warm colours, the image is fab and the lace is beautiful
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A super card Linda, there is so much to love about it. The doiley and flowers are wonderful, the image is really sweet and the backing paper is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely card. The image is colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT, and hope to see you back next week.
    Hugz,
    Christine Dt at OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful project! Love the image and details! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous card Linda, love the flowers. Thank you so much for all your kind comments on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Linda - really like that digi stamp.

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. so pretty linda just like a little bumble bee.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is really beautiful Linda, I love the layout.

    Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.

    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card Linda love the image layout and love the flowers xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really lovely card
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What beautiful detail you have put on your card Linda. Thanks for sharing with us at Lexis hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would be a perfect card for a musical girl! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image, Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft, this month, Good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card. Love the doilies and handmade flowers. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx